Amazon wanting me to answer customers questions

Just answering the damn question would have taken WAY less time than however long O.P. has already spent, here, bitching about an automated email.

I’m going to guess that he replied with a lot of misspelled cursing and insults, and received an automatic form letter back warning not to use abusive language in the Q&A section.

Yes, and I think his mistake was that he reacted to an automated request as if the company was demanding that he answer some question, rather than merely alerting him to the question and making it easy to answer.

And don’t forget to copy and paste here the exact words you sent in your reply.

I don’t blame them. The Q&A forum is not the place for your opinions about the politics of Amazon. If I ask if a blender I am contemplating purchasing dices tomatoes well, I really don’t care to hear your opinion of Jeff Bezos, good or bad.

By “snake tongs” do you mean actual tongs you pick up snakes with? And you use them enough to leave a review and ask questions? I’m glad I don’t live where you do!

I’ve been asked to answer questions on Amazon and some other mail order sites. I don’t mind. Often the question & answer part helps me pick one thing over another and sometimes only a user knows the details of using the item. Like anyone can see that the coffee maker has a stainless steel caraffe but you have to use it to know that the spout drips like crazy but it does keep the coffee hot for 4 hours.

Exapno explained it here- they can’t possible know such info.

“Thank you for your question. Bob and I tried out the ACME Buttplug last night, and it was well made, but it seemed designed for a smaller anus than the typical American has.” :laughing:

The other benefit to the Q&A is that it is searchable. So if I have a question that I’m curious to know, I can put the keyword into the search bar and immediately see if anyone has asked and/or answered a question on the keyword. So I get the info relatively immediately as opposed to waiting on a CSR to answer a question on a product they may not know anything about.

I tend to like to crowdsource before buying a big purchase. I search Google for reddit threads, customer product reviews, etc. The Q&A section on Amazon helps a lot with that.

With questions that I have actual knowledge about, I will answer - mostly because I’ve found out that even folks in retail brick stores often don’t know the technical aspects of the product they are selling. So IF I know, why not help the person who needs help? An example might be on the programmable features of a multifunction quartz watch. The manuals that are provided with these are very difficult to follow in some cases.

If I don’t know the answer to a question, I don’t reply to the request, or suggest a source that might be of help.

Helping others is needed in our society, if for no other reason than to make our lives easier and happier.

I’m baffled as to why he would post this here since none of us are paid to respond to his post

Surely he can’t be expecting an answer.

We’re in the country. During spring/summer we see garters and rat snakes most weekends. They do rodent control in our barn and sheds, worth their weight in gold.

My gf doesn’t like them near the house, because then they are eating toads and chipmunks. So we constantly relocate snakes. It’s actually fun.

:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Well, he has got some feedback for sure…

Can’t say I’ve ever done it for Amazon, but I have done it for Tripadvisor, which I think is fair since I was already writing reviews.

In any case with Amazon I just ignore it. Unless the product was real crap and I feel the need to warn people about it.

So I’m not the only one who finds his/her posts hard to read.

Well, I think Jeff Bezos should answer all those questions personally, because the richest man in the world must own one of everything.

Sometimes when I need a good laugh, I go to the Amazon “sexual wellness” section and read the product reviews. Seriously. A lot of the products aren’t reviewed, but when you find the ones that are, some of them are hysterical.

My all time favorite line was “There is a hole in the back for cleaning. I don’t think you’re supposed to use it but it felt really good”.

ETA: The product was some sort of partial sex doll. I didn’t know they made such things, but why buy the whole woman when all you need are the “good” parts. You can buy those as a stand-alone, with a torso attached, or with a torso and head. The things I’ve learned from the Internet…………

One question. What the hell is an engine hone?

It’s a device that holds abrasive blocks (or balls, sometimes) in the correct position to sand (hone) the cylinder walls. Honing creates a pattern of slight scratches on the cylinder walls which are necessary to create a tight fit with the piston rings.

Reported for inappropriate medical advice.

Or Penthousing…