American Idol, 3/1-3/3

I think maybe my favorite part of Idol is reading the SDMB threads.

I really thought last night that Jacob has a future in drag shows. Is that inappropriate? His face is kind of pretty, and he was batting those eyelashes as he sang. Maybe I’m crazy.

Mixed feelings about James. He’s too awkward when he’s not singing. And I certainly don’t want to buy his CD. But he sure can pick a song and nail it.

Irrational hatred of Alfred E. Newman. shudder

Favorites were Paul with the freakishly white teeth, Casey who needs a haircut, and Brett who should never cut his hair. I’m not sure I actually like Brett, but I thought he was interesting.

The rest of them were a big meh for me.

I was going to vote for Casey but I figure if he doesn’t make it, the judges will use their save on him. I voted a bunch of times for #10, but now I can’t remember which one he was. McDonald, maybe?

I’ve been thinking about the importance of stage presence. I don’t see the singer when I pop in a CD and I rarely go to concerts and I haven’t seen a music video in years, so physical appearance and stage presence shouldn’t matter. But it does. I don’t know why.

I wonder if Dial Idol’s accuracy will be way down now that internet voting is enabled.

I just love looking at Jovany.

I could really do without Jordan, though.

Sadly, I have to take a class every Tu. night, so all I got to see last night was the recap section. No DVR.

When they get down to the final 12, will the show be on Tuesdays or another day?

I just don’t like the screaming. Lambert did it okay sometimes, but last year, it killed Siobhan off. I predict the same will happen with Durbin.

I think so, especially since they allow 50 votes per voter. I doubt most callers are able to vote 50 times.

It’s easier and faster to vote by phone and their is no limit. I sent in my 50 internet votes and then started making calls. All the calls went through just fine, although it was off-peak hours.

I actually would find that entertaining, too, but until then, I reserve the right to hate his performances deeply. :smiley:

I think he has some tics all the time.

I snorted out loud at this. :smiley:

This blog has links to the videos (hidden at the end of the paragraphs on each contestant in a link labelled “VIDEO”). I’m not planning on watching the shows either, just watching the performances online. I’m too far behind everyone else in these threads, and the shows are so jam-packed with stupid filler for me to waste real-time watching on.

Yeah - it seems like he doesn’t know that every song doesn’t need a heaping helping of screeching - that speaks to the lack of touch that is so epidemic on this show year after year.

Ta-Tynisha: um, I like those shoes.

My clear favorite, the one who jumped right out at me from the start - Naima - I love her to death. She is The One. She has class!

Naima: so beautiful, so talented! But I hate the tattoo.

I feel as if each of the first three have invited comparisons to better singers by their song choices. Not good strategy.

Kendra has nice shoes also.

Rachel needs to enunciate.

The judges didn’t criticize Ta-Tynisha, but tore Rachel a new one?

Rachel’s singing was, oh, I don’t know, 1000x better than Ta-Tynisha’s.

Wake me when Karen’s…oh never mind.

Lauren is trying to entertain us and I appreciate that.

Ashthon: nice voice, nice hair, dull song.

Heaven knows I’m no fashionista, but I’m deducting points from Julie on the dress alone.

Julie: was that in English? It just sounded like a mess to me.