American Idol (3/18): Movie Night

I’ll go with the consensus - it’s between Ruben and Clay and Trenyce (I’m switching my prediction from Ruben to Clay. Julia and Corey do have to go, and I mean right now, no matter who they’ve fellated to get this far. Charles doesn’t have it either but isn’t annoying, and Carmen is a good kid in over her head. The others didn’t make me care either way.

I don’t agree that Josh’s going country was a bad move, though - he wasn’t going to beat the top 3 with a pop style, and he does have a future career to set up. Country is his natural style, it’s clearly his love, and he’s much better at it - his future is there, not pop, so it’s time to get on with the market positioning.

I’m hoping Kim L. will go soon. I don’t know that we’ve heard her voice all that much. She sang “Somewhere over the rainbow” and mouthed off to Simon to make it to the finals (Mrs the one disagrees) and then does a song from The Wiz?! Creepy.

Julia seems to be pissed off that she was in the bottom three last week and acted like it when she sang this week. Bye Bye Julia.

I suspect that we’ll be seeing a country album from Josh pretty soon – Nashville’s gotta be chomping at the bit to get their hands on Mr. Marine All American Loves His Family Country Boy. I don’t think he’ll win though. I agree with gobear that he’s pretty cute, as well. He’s made prudent fashion choices for his image.

I couldn’t care less about Ruben’s stage presence or movements – he could sit on a cereal box with his underpants on his head for all I care. I love his voice. It’s so smooooooth.

Morgainelf, I couldn’t stop staring at her boobs either. They were…not nice…and they were on prominent display. Everything else looked great but the boobies…yuck.

I think they’ve managed to make Clay look worse, but I can’t quite put my finger on why he’s looking kinda creepy. Maybe the makeup. But I like him so much – he seems modest and sweet.

Maybe Clay and Ruben will be the top two, and they’ll make out in a movie too!

LOLOL!!

I agree about TOO MANY WEEKS! The problem with expanding the contest by 2 more singers is that you make it 2 weeks longer, and the concept of 10 more weeks of this makes me a bit wary.

Maybe they should start dropping the bottom two each week, instead of just one. That would cut things down to a more reasonable number.

[hijack] Who originally sang “It might be you” (Rickey’s song). I checked the IMDB and only found who wrote it. Been driving me nuts since last night[/hijack]

Stephen Bishop?

And don’t forget they cut two people in the first episode last year. So it’s actually 3 weeks longer. In addition to the extra week of semi-finals.

I believe the Tuesday shows will be 1 hour, not 2, starting next week. That should laregly take care of the boredom/fluff factor, and so will eliminating people we really don’t want to hear anymore.

And THANK GOD for that. Not only do I need my 24 back, I really don’t want to watch any more footage of the contestants walking around smiling vacantly in their hometowns.

Thanks mosters and evilhomer for the recaps. I needed my AI fix. Shayna sent me a link to a website with clips for last night’s performance so I finally got to hear them.

Based on what I heard, I’m still not crazy about Ricky. I guess I’m not crazy about falsettos. I must be the only person who kinda digs Carmen. She has a different sound and that’s good. It separates her from the rest of the group. I don’t think she’ll make it very far, but I like her voice. Maybe it’s that I’m a little country myself.

Really liked Josh’s performance. I’ve heard the country version of that song before so it didn’t seem that bad to me. I think he’s got a pretty nice voice.

Julia has got to go. (Sorry Shayna! I know you like her, but I think she’s horrible.)

I can live without both Kims, Charles, Corey, Ricky, and the rest of the gang. Just give me Clay and Ruben. I could listen to them all night.

Grace, what website was that, may I ask?

T

http://www.idolfan.org

BTW, I forgot to comment on Trenyce. She was good, but what was really different about her performance? She sounded like Whitney Houston. I thought the judges wanted to hear more than a karaoke version of the songs.

Everyone has pretty much given my opinion on the individual performances, and I leave it to the interested, which is undoubtedly none of you, to figure out which opinons expressed are the same as mine. I do, however, have to give kudos to stylize because my stomach hurts from laughing so hard. “Lil Miss Georgia Pageant 1988” ROFL!

My only comment on the show was that I distinctly noticed at least two winks by the performers to people in the crowd. Hopefully, this will not become contagious. The winkfest by Justin and Kelly at the end of the last competition made me want to hurl.

Thank you, Grace.

Am I the only one who finds Kimberly Caldwell very creepy looking, almost demonic? (Perhaps it’s her eyebrows.) And for that matter, I seem to be the only one amongst my group of friends who thinks that Carmen is one of the best looking girls in the whole top 32.

Didn’t catch this week’s show, but I had to comment.

The thanks should really go to Shayna. She’s the one who shared the website with me.

Well, she was picked because of her looks, in all likelihood. Technically, however, she was not in the top 32; she was eliminated in the second Hollywood cut.

Mrs. RickJay raised an interesting point today; of the contestants, who would you actually pay to hear them sing? The only two I’d pay real cash money to hear sing are Ruben and Clay.

RickJay:

“of the contestants, who would you actually pay to hear them sing?”

Frankly, none of them, unless I like the songs. I’m VERY selective in terms of what to buy.

As for themes, I think it’s possible that they might repeat some of the themes or be more specific(like Beatles songs or songs by Elvis). shrug We’ll see. heh

No apology necessary – I agree that she’s sucked badly the last two shows. I think the whole live performance thing (especially in front of an audience that big) scared the bejeebus out of her. I still contend that she’s got the better singing voice between her and Kim Caldwell, but she’s one sucky performer, there’s no denying that.

Also, for those interested, there’s another website that links videos of all the performances in Windows Media format (as opposed to AVI files), here:

http://www.talkreality.com/americanidol/multimedia/finals.html

The ones from last night aren’t up yet, though, so that’s why I directed Grace to idolfan.org for the auido versions for now.

And I’ll just voice my “agreeance” :wink: with everyone and predict that the final 3 will consist of Clay, Ruben and Trenyce. Ruben gave me chills last night.