[QUOTE=Shodan]
Err - I’m not following you. To the best of my recollection, Mr. Peanut did indeed run in 1980, and his running mate in 1984. But as far as I can tell, Fritzie Fresh Mondale managed to get clobbered pretty much on his own. I disremember any prominent examples of ol’ Fritz pointing with pride to the foreign policy triumphs he and Smiley achieved in, say, Iran or Afghanistan, or the stellar performance of the economy circa 1984 vs. 1979. And I don’t remember literally any mention of the beneficiary of Amy’s foreign policy experience in 1988 in the campaign of that year - it was more about Willie Horton, and Dukakis popping up from a tank turret like Pop-a-mole and his wife drinking hair spray, or whatever it was.
You might do better with the analogy if you tried to link Mr. “No controlling legal authority” and Internet-inventor in 2000, if you wanted to make any kind of a case for “an echo, not a choice”. And I will certainly concede your point if Cheney were to run in 2008. Or if the spouse of a certain unpleasant former Prevaricator-in-chief gets the nod, and the Republicans can talk about cattle futures and subpoena’ed documents again. Other than that, maybe not so much.
Regards,
Shodan
[/QUOTE]
Bluntly, my friend on the opposite side of the political divide, you can do better than this.
“…foreign policy triumphs he and Smiley achieved in, say, Iran or Afghanistan…”
Well, I’m sure we’re all impressed with the foreign policy successes of Shrub (note that this is the first occasion I’ve used that term in a political debate, and it’s in response to your demeaning of Presidents and Vice Presidents of the U.S. who don’t stand up to your ideological purity test).
“…about Willie Horton…”
AKA, dirty tricks are fine if it’s a Republican playing them. Who was that woman that your Knight in Shining Armor in the White House sent to her execution though she’d repented and begged for a chance to live, anyway? You can add that to the tally of the Murderer-in-Chief.
“…if the spouse of a certain unpleasant former Prevaricator-in-chief gets the nod, and the Republicans can talk about cattle futures and subpoena’ed documents…”
Shades of the New Deal! Are you planning to tell us about “Hillary Clubs” where Mrs. Clinton is secretly encouraging women to disavow their husbands, or something?
You’ve proven you can be a Republican partisan hack, above.
Now, try proving you can be an American patriot.
Because I know you have it in you, but the above-quoted post surely would not convince anyone else.