Amusing examples of mis-shelved books

I’ve just been out at lunchtime and went into Borders. While browsing the astronomy section I came across a book entitled Venus Envy. It turned out to be an exposé of the world of women’s tennis. :slight_smile:

And in another Sydney bookshop last week I saw a history of the beachside suburb of Brontë in the Classics section amongst all the other Brontë works.

Related, but not with books:

I discovered one of Spike Lee’s earliest films, Joe’s Bed-Stuy Barbershop: We Cut Heads in an obscure corner of my local video store. The owner had misinterpreted the title and filed it in the horror section.

Considering the way the shop was arranged, I was probably the first person to ever find it.

I saw a book on the healing power of crystals in the library shelved with the geology books.

Schrodinger’s Kittens and the Search for Reality: Solving the Quantum Mysteries was shelved in the pet care section.

My local library once had a paperback copy of Ralph Ellison’s *Invisible Man * on the science fiction shelf.

Claudius the God in religion.

In our local library, I found Dr. Tatiana’s Sex Advice to All Creation shelved in the self-help section next to The Joy of Sex and the like.

In the library of the University of Oklahoma, I once saw St. Augustine’s City of God on a shelf with city-planning textbooks. I assumed that some college student was making a joke, since I cannot imagine that a librarian would have done this.

I once found Peter Pan in the biography section of a library in Swaziland.

[Sub]I suspect Arthur Conan Doyle put it there.[/Sub]

Just yesterday a co-worker found a whole stack of On Bullshit shelved in Comparative Religion.

In our town bookstore,

The Anarchist Cookbook, in the cookbook section :eek: .

I’m not kidding! :frowning:

CMC fnord!

I read it as ‘anatomy’ at first, and I can tell you my mind was generating a whole load of X-rated inferences. Turns out I was making a mountain out of a molehill…

My friend found Pilgrim’s Progress in the travel section at the Friends of the Library book sale.