[QUOTE=swampbear]
I’d like to nominate the OP for the dumbassest poster award. How in hell is that in anyway a “gay” wedding?
[/QUOTE]
They’re all happy?
I think that’s a woman. Making it a great argument against straight marriage.
I’ve never heard of anything a gay couple can do that a straight couple can’t do.
[QUOTE=Ludovic]
They’re all happy?
[/QUOTE]
<snerk> Ok, that was funny.
Several of the men were out of step. Since we all know from television that gay men are synchronized, it’s clearly a hetero wedding.
[QUOTE=Canadjun]
It is certainly an incredibly goofy looking dance to someone (like me) that is not familiar with Thriller, but I don’t see the gayness.
[/QUOTE]
It’s not as goofy when you think of them as zombies.
Um… Well, not as goofy.
[QUOTE=newcrasher]
Does that guy know how silly he looks dancing in a white bridal gown?
[/QUOTE]
You thought the person in the wedding dress was a guy?!!
Besides, we know that in any self-respecting male-male wedding, both grooms wear tuxes.
Apropos of almost nothing, I was in a wedding party which did the Time Warp together at the reception. Mind you, the bridal party was mostly Rocky cast players at some point, that’s how the couple met, etc.
I dunno, I thought the bride was kinda hot.
So…I’m gay now?
Then I have to start dressing better, right?
:rolleyes:
[QUOTE=Sunspace]
You thought the person in the wedding dress was a guy?!!
Besides, we know that in any self-respecting male-male wedding, both grooms wear tuxes.
[/QUOTE]
Ooh, good point.
Perish forfend that people have fun at a wedding reception. :rolleyes:
[QUOTE=newcrasher]
Why would we allow this to happen?
Does that guy know how silly he looks dancing in a white bridal gown?
[/QUOTE]
I guess some people just don’t realize how silly they look when the do something stupid. Would you agree with me on this, newcrasher?
Looks like one of the more fun wedding receptions I’ve ever seen, regardless of the fact that the bride is very, very clearly a chick. When you see her face she looks like your standard beauty queen kind of pretty. Most definitely female.
But, come on, they liked their bridal party well enough to get together repeatedly and rehearse that, the groom is very cute while dancing, and everybody is having fun and laughing. After having been to some depressingly pretentious receptions–including one where I was required to dress as a shepherdess, complete with crook–I envy them.
[QUOTE=CaerieD]
After having been to some depressingly pretentious receptions–including one where I was required to dress as a shepherdess, complete with crook–I envy them.
[/QUOTE]
You, of course, do realize that you must now tell us why you were required to dress as a shepherdess, complete with crook. Bonus points for a pic. ![]()
Oh fer chrissakes! That is ** not** a gay wedding. They were clearly dancing to Michael Jackson not Diana Ross. Yeeesh!
They also were way too out of step and not nearly flamboyant enough to be queah.
Poor newscrasher – his joke crashed. I think he meant that this was a gay wedding using the teenage boy definition of ‘gay’ (something that is silly, goofy, or embarrassing.) Although that doesn’t explain the bit about the bride being a man – I’m not sure what was up with that.
[QUOTE=Mangetout]
Hijacked account? Posting while drunk? What else could it be?
[/QUOTE]
The search function should clear that right up for you.
[QUOTE=Annie-Xmas]
I’ve never heard of anything a gay couple can do that a straight couple can’t do.
[/QUOTE]
Docking (mildly unsafe for work)
[QUOTE=Q.E.D.]
The search function should clear that right up for you.
[/QUOTE]
Oddly, it didn’t.
[QUOTE=swampbear]
You, of course, do realize that you must now tell us why you were required to dress as a shepherdess, complete with crook. Bonus points for a pic. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
I checked to see if any of my cousin’s wedding pictures were on the family website, but oddly not. Just a picture of the invitation. At any rate, after having been together for twelve years and having had six children, my cousin and her partner decided to…
…get married.
Yes, we were all quite shocked. Everyone was required to come in ren faire garb, to begin with, which was difficult for the more conservative members of the family. So, the ceremony involved a bridesmaid and groomsman at each of the four corners, with little pagan offerings for the elements, and was performed by my cousin’s best friend, a porn star. I was given the role of “herder of the children” and brought the six kids up during the ceremony, to place necklaces around their parents’ necks. Afterwards, the reception was held at the casino where my cousin worked and everyone refused to dance, including the bride and groom.
It was definitely one of my weirder experiences.
[QUOTE=Mangetout]
Oddly, it didn’t.
[/QUOTE]
Maybe easier to click on newcrasher’s profile and find all posts.
[QUOTE=swampbear]
You, of course, do realize that you must now tell us why you were required to dress as a shepherdess, complete with crook. Bonus points for a pic. ![]()
[/QUOTE]
I thought maybe she had married Hal Briston