An escaped prisoner story that will probably NOT be on the news.

My husband is a corrections officer, and his main job is to provide transportation to inmates who have outside jobs. These are guys who will be released soon.
So lastnight he went to pickup 3 inmates who were doing odd jobs at a facility. Somebody was missing, so hubby asked the security guard when he last saw the inmate. The security guard said that the inmate had asked to borrow the key to the office, so he let him. :smack:
Inside the office there are more keys, for the vehicles they keep at the facility.

Now guess what the facility is…

It’s the…

Police Academy! :smiley:

Well, I hope he was a non violent felon. and I hope he was a long time from parole so as to not be so stupid that he took of like a week before he was to be released anyway.

Some crooks are not to swift that way.

Now the guard is prolly on a freighter to New Zealand i would expect. he he he

I knew a guy who had served time in the Santa Fe prison for murdering another man who he thought was having an affair with his wife. He behaved well enough that he was allowed out of his cell to work in the prison yard. One day he looked up and saw a truck with the keys in the ignition and the motor running and nobody anywhere near it…

…and the yard gate was open.

(They caught him a couple days later–he wasn’t the sharpest tack in the box and he went right back to the town where he–and the murder victim–had lived and where everyone recognized him.)

IIRC, a prisoner from the St. Louis County Jail escaped by switching I.D.'s with a visitor friend. This happened twice in a couple of months.

A couple of years ago, when I first moved to SoCal, a certain prison break was all over the news. Apparently a black man made one of those IDs with a picture of Eddy Murphy, and one day, just walked right out of jail, flashing his ID badge. Nobody even stopped him.