An idiotically named organization

Republicans for Dean
Americans For War
Americans for Cloning Elvis (ACE)

Jesus KEy-RIST! Did anyone notice that, at the “Americans for War” website, Trey Anastasio is listed along with Libya and Syria in the “Know Your Enemies” column:

“Trey Anastasio, the lead guitarist of Phish, has endorsed movements advocating the prohibition of drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Reserve. This is seemingly benign, but he is supporting terrorism. By preventing oil exploration in Alaska, America’s dependency on foreign oil increases. Most of this money goes to the Middle East, from where terrorism originates. If Anastasio does not support America’s self-sufficency in energy, he certainly is not a patriot, nor he is on our side. Lets apply the Bush doctrine: if he provides support for terrorists, then he is a terrorist.”

They list a number of other terrorist activities Trey has committed. Gee, kids, I guess we’re all terrorist now…

I know for a true fact that their president matriculated while in college. Now what sort of bunch would have someone like this as their leader?

Gee, I knew Dubya was a wanker, but a matriculator?

What a freak!

What bugs me is the doublespeak that goes into naming PACs.

Like an organization made up mostly of offshore tax-sheltered corporations that promotes slashing taxes and record deficit spending calls itself “Citizens for Fiscal Responsibility.”

Or an organization that promotes retributive and preemtive military incursions in Middle Eastern countries “Americans for Peace in the Middle East.”