An update on the 'bachelor chow' front

Nourish Chicken is clearly the Orange. Nourish Vegetarian has to be Green.
I don’t know which is people. Possibly both. Maybe they make Nourish Green out of Vegans.

Until the first time you come home drunk and hungry.

It sounds pretty tasty, and not that different from the kind of thing I would make for myself.

That reminds me: it’s time for dinner. :slight_smile:

Personally, I don’t think the flavor of tofu, tiedyed tshirts, and dirty birkenstocks is going to sell well.

Now stuff made out plump Texans that regularly eat steak and good BBQ will be an instant hit.

they better take mushroom out, mushroom is actually a fairly common food allergy/sensitivity.

And it really is not actually difficult to make foods complete if you are willing to can the product, the issue with a palatable bachelor kibble is the dried in bag format. I frequently cook meals that are complete - and could can them if I wanted, I certainly freeze the damned things. TBH, you could make chunky sirloin burger into bachelor chow with very small additives to the recipe.

And if you aren’t too lazy to open more than one can of several items with different nutritional values.

That’s all were talking about, here, isn’t it?

Sounds palatable, along the lines of a chili or stew, but at 360 calories a can, you would have to eat a LOT of it to survive.

At $4 a can, it seems expensive to me.

But its made out of totally “organic” vegans!

I’m not clear how big the cans are. They look like the larger sizes, so maybe that’s more than one meal?

Remember, those are Canadian prices, and it’s supposed to be priced similar to a can of their chili.

I like cooked grains, but don’t like canned vegetables. I’d probably buy it as long as it’s tastier than their Chunky soup. I usually keep a couple of cans/packets of nuke & eat chow in my desk at work in case I can’t get away for lunch anyhow, and if Campbell’s sells it like the rest of their soups the $4 will be more like $2.49 at Real Canadian Superstore or Costco.

If its made out of Canadians I think I’ll pass.

Then again, Canadian bacon is the bomb…

I’ll keep an eye out and pick up a can when they’re available. Looks like the calorie count is per serving however and that looks like a 2 serving can (although perspective is off in the photo)

That said this is the best part of the whole product

That’s awesome Campbells!

I love the fact that they included input from the food bank representatives on nutrition, access and perception. It’s very nice that they’re also dealing with the feelings of those who need the services of the food banks.

That’s the part I liked, although I hope this stuff doesn’t get a ‘government cheese’ stigma to it.

I’m ready to try it. I wonder if amazon.com will be selling it?

One thing I haven’t noticed is anyone mentioning the sodium in it - I suspect it’s higher than what you can eat regularly (as is often the case with canned food).

A meal in a can?

Does it include dessert? :eek:

It could, for sufficiently-vague values of ‘pudding’.