Anal swabs more effective in detecting COVID, says Chinese scientist

Somebody check this guys search history.

We are so screwed now.
On the other hand maybe the prospect of Government mandated anal probing might get the anti maskers, vaccine deniers and assorted Covidiots to finally see sense

Answer #1: At many testing sites, cars are bumper to bumper and lines are 00’s of cars long.

Do they all need to back in now ??

Answer #2: The ghost of Allen Funt is, somewhere, laughing hysterically right now.

So THAT’s what all those aliens were probing for!

It’s been known for months that testing wastewater is one way of detecting virus levels in a population. So this news is not all that surprising.

Came up in the “Trump has COVID” last fall:

Polio is transmitted that way; nothing about COVID would surprise me at all.

So mask, gloves, and diaper now?

At least travel will improve, airports already anally probe most of their customers.

I hate to admit this, but I’m less anxious about the thought of my bum getting a Q-tip than I am about my brain getting one.

You mean to say that my human centipede was not entirely sanitary?

“In other news, many drive-through testing stations are installing express lanes for riders of recumbent bicycles.”

And some of you thought this old toy would never see resurgent demand again …

Agreed. I do not especially fancy the feeling of something poking behind my eyeball, whereas a 5 mm diameter, soft-tipped member would slip inside the brown starfish without problems.

If I could do a self-swab, I don’t think I’d protest using this method either.

And they told me I was wasting my youth mooning people out of car windows!

Hope they don’t suggest doing the swabbing like my previous COVID tests where they tested in the nostrils and the back of the throat.

Above all, keep a solid grip on the swab so it doesn’t get “pulled in” accidentally…

Braggart.

I’m imagining a nightmare scenario where the testing sites will have special “swab retrieval tongs” for just such an emergency.

Highly trained greasy ferrets?

I wouldn’t go that far. I guess if you just wait it out you would eventually end up producing the world’s most disturbing “corn dog”.

(Man, I’ve derailed this thread in kind of a gross way. May God have mercy on my soul…)