And lo the Creationists did lose their minds

I work in publicity at a PBS station. I’m working on our April program guide and today was thrilled to see this new short-run series on the horizon, Your Inner Fish.

It’s airing during what we’re promoting as “Think Wednesday” and follows Nature and Nova. Spread the word! Fight ignorance! Too bad ignorance fights back … looking at you Creation Museum. :mad:

Don’t creationists’ minds come pre-lost?

Well, you know.

Ah think, Ah say, Ah think y’all might jus’ be preachin’ to th’ choir here, darlin’!*

*To be read in the voice of Foghorn Leghorn. :smiley:

They were born with the same busy little monkey brains we all have. Then they were taught to be Creationists.

Some can always be un-taught…

Am I missing something here?

What did the Creationists do (in response to this program) that would indicate that they lost their minds?

Zev Steinhardt

Jesus was a fisher of men. And given this it becomes pretty obvious why.

Nothing. I’m only saying that viewing this might cause them to. And I know I’m preaching to the converted here; I only thought you all might want to know about it and watch or advocate watching it, or something.

I’m assuming this is a series based off the book by Neil Shubin? The book was infinitely interesting so I’m sure this will be as well. I highly recommend the book though.

Looks cool. Tivoed. :cool:

Thanks for the notice! I’ll be sure to DVR it. I love this stuff.

I hope they touch on our … is it our livers? … that somehow show that we were once sea creatures that went onto land that went back to sea and back to land again. Something about things being rather backwards from an osmosis point of view. If anyone knows what the heck I’m talking about, please chime in because obviously I don’t!

thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads-up - I want to watch this with my kids!

Yes —

Based on the best-selling book by Neil Shubin, who also hosts the series, YOUR INNER FISH travels from Africa to the Arctic to uncover a 3.5-billion-year history of the human body and the cast of ancient characters that made us who we are today.

Sigh… I drive past the local Creationist Museum once a week or so. Sad and absurd, but, well, there’s freedom for ya.

(Their attempts to use legislation to compel their viewpoint is less worthy of any respect. Their underhanded efforts are even more despicable. “Cdesign proponentsists” and all.)

I think Creationists are busy going nuts over the upcoming “Noah” movie, so they may not have time to bother with PBS. But the series sounds really interesting.