And the Academy Award goes to...

What role in a movie would you have loved to have been the actor in?

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

Armand in Interview with a Vampire.

http://www.madpoet.com
Clerks - Just because they serve you doesn’t mean they like you.

um, sorry, don’t know that, but…
speaking of Academy Awards…
and you were…
My two college roomates both have to mention my name should they ever win an Oscar.

I know it’s been 18+ yrs, but hey, I think about it every year.
So what if one is a mother in Asia and one a sculptor out west,
I still like to think about how it would go…

I’d like to thank…

“Patriotism is the last refuge to which a scoundrel clings.” Bob Dylan

I would be the lead actor in “Good Will Humping.”

I’d like to co-star in “Beating the shit out of Mike Masterson”. I’m willing to sign up for the sequals right now too…

“Though I hate 'em, I’ll defend to my death your right to use smilies.”
Forward deployed until 18AUG00

Scarlett O’Hara in Gone With The Wind

I’ve learned that if someone says something unkind about me, I must live so that no one will believe it.

me

Travis Bickle in Taxi Driver.

Sometimes you feel like a coconut, sometime you feel like a yak.

I’d be glad to be your understudy in that one Chiefy!

We are, each of us angels with only one wing,and we can only fly by embracing one another

Eliza Doolittle in My Fair Lady or Mina in Bram Stoker’s Dracula.

How 'bout we sing ‘Kyle’s mom is a stupid bitch’ in D minor?

Mighty Mac McTeer in Blues Brothers 2000. In fact people have told me that John Goodman appears to be doing an impression of me in the beginning of that movie.

I would have done it for free, just to get to be on stage at the end of the movie with all those famous blues musicians in the Louisiana Gator Boys.

Live a Lush Life
Da Chef

Mine would be Whoopi Goldberg’s role in Jumping Jack Flash. I love that movie!

I really try to be good but it just isn’t in my nature!

Jean-Paul Belmondo in “A bout de souffle” (Breathless), for the thrill of being a cool small-time gangster.

Or Marilyn Monroe in Bus Stop, to see how it feels to be a head-turning blonde bombshell.

Auntie Entity in Beyond Thunderdome. :wink:

Princess Buttercup
As you wish.

• Billy Blazejowski in “Night Shift” (the character played by Michael Keaton opposite Henry Winkler).

• Bill Murray, Ted Knight or Chevy Chase’s roles in Caddy Shack.

• Any male role in “Clerks”

“You should tell the truth, expose the lies and live in the moment.” - Bill Hicks

The role of Clarice in “Silence of the Lambs.”

Or Abigail in “The Crucible” opposite Daniel Day-Lewis. Mmm-mmm.

I’d like to play “Inigo Montoya” in The Princess Bride. Now if we could only find a “Princess Buttercup”? :wink:

Aaron Stamper from Primal Fear. This character was played by Ed Norton and was amazing.
Friends of mine say that I make a good lunatic, being able to go from amiable lovable big guy to raving seething psychopath in .06 seconds.
So I think that that would be a great character for me, plus I think Ed Norton is the man.
Or the bouncer played by Ving Rhames in Striptease. To this day I still hear the nickname “Shad” from time to time. Everyone says I shoulda been that guy. I think Ving did a much better job, though.

“Winners never quit and quitters never win, but those who never win and never quit are idiots.”

Blanche DuBois in A Streetcar Named Desire.
“I have always depended on the kindness of strangers…”
kellibelli

Martha in Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? (I got to do one scene of this in college - WHAT a juicy character!) Yeah, and I don’t want to hear a thing about “typecasting”… :stuck_out_tongue:

StoryTyler
“Not everybody does it, but everybody should.”