and the Kitchen sink. What do you like about yours?

When we had our granite countertop installed, it came with the sink cutout, and then they drilled the holes for the faucet after they had the granite installed. They wanted to see what configuration we wanted and what our faucet was like.

My question is - why the love for double bowls? We have a single, giant bowl and I loooove it. I never understood having a garbage disposal drain and a regular drain. It was always impossible for me to keep food OUT of the non-disposal drain whenever I was doing dishes. Plus moving between one bowl and the other always seemed to involve too much splashing water. I just don’t understand what is better about double bowls. Especially ones where there is just a teeny tiny ‘bowl’ for the garbage disposal drain and then a bigger bowl with a regular drain. How can you hold a plate over the tiny bowl to get the food off and NOT get it in the other drain, or drip water all over the counter? I must be missing something…

I agree. When I had an old kitchen, I “upgraded” from a standard single-bowl sink to a double. You know what I ended up with? Two smaller single sinks side-by side. Even though the entire double-bowl sink unit was larger than the original single-bowl, each side was much smaller and it felt extremely cramped. Now I have a sink that I can almost take a bath in and it feels great. I truly consider that sink one of the “luxury” appeals of my kitchen.

I think the OP should come to my house and do my dishes for the next few weeks to see how nice it is to have a single large sink.

Hmmm…

For myself I like the double bowl for a number of reasons.

We don’t always do a complete clean up after a meal. That gives me one bowl to let things sit until morning, and a bowl that is free and clear. A sink for a drink of water, fill up the water for the dogs, coffee water for the next day. Those things that I would rather not navigate around a bowl of dirty pans and water for.

I agree that a big sink is great for washing pots and pans, but I want to always have a working sink. This set up allows me to get to the task at hand, and clean up later if need be.

Patty 'o - Dishes go in the dishwasher.

What do I like about our sink? Nothing.

It’s an under-mount asymmetric stainless dealie with one decent size bowl and one teensy disposer bowl.

I’d much rather have one large bowl to accommodate our large cookware. The disposer side is only large enough to hold dinner plates if they’re stacked on edge, and as someone above mentioned, it’s a small target to scrape dishes into.

Yeah, I’ve got that too. The smaller disposal size is way too shallow. Dumping liquids will cause it to come up over the sides and when spraying off a bowl, it’s not deep enough to keep the excess water in the sink so the counter gets wet every time we use it. On the flip side, the other side of the sink is so huge and deep it takes forever to fill.