And the new Jim Rockford is...

Thanks to The Wedding Date, my wife thinks he’s a hottie.

But I’ve always found him to be a black hole of charisma. Ugh.

He was pardoned? I thought he couldn’t own a gun because he was an ex-con - I’d think a pardon would remove that restriction.

It will suck.

I guess it is up to them, and there were some things they would change.

I could care less, though.

Consider: Dermot Mulroney was in a movie in which Harry Connick, Jr., played a freaking serial killer and still managed to be the worst thing about the movie.

I can’t speak to the factual situation, but yes he was pardoned, and yes the show still claimed there was an issue with having a license to carry. Both points were pretty regular topics of conversation on the show. :slight_smile:

Maybe they could get Clooney to guest-star as Lance White (originally done by Tom Selleck, pre-Magnum). The character was an idiot, but extremely well thought of and extremely lucky. Rockford had to save Lance from himself repeatedly and usually got injured doing so, but Lance got all the credit when they solved the case.

Jim’s description of Lance: “Lance is perfect. It’s his only flaw.”

I wouldn’t bet against Bruce Campbell spinning off into his own series which would closely resemble TRF. He already does the “Hey I’m here from the Homeowner’s Association to test your lawn” thing already on Burn Notice.

Ohhhh, so say it or it might not happen! That would be AWESOME!

You know who would make a good Angel? Benicio del Toro.

I’m hoping for a remake of “Wagon Train”, with Adam Sandler in the lead role.

I thought that I was the only one that remembered Lance! Some of the funniest part was the way that the police department would just glow when Lance was there!

The original Lance episode was one of the two greatest in the history of television. I wish it was on Hulu, or something.

lieu, you nailed it for Angel. There could be no better choice, which means he won’t even be considered for the dog that is to be called “The Rockford Files”.
Best wishes,
hh

I’ve streamed a few episodes from the later seasons on Netflix. I don’t know for sure if that one’s there, but probably.

And RTV is showing Rockford reruns. They’re skipping some episodes, but the first ep with Selleck is in their rotation.

I’ll just say this: They may as well have cast Owen Wilson.

Damn it, when are we going to get Gunsmoke, starring Matt Dillon as Marshall Matt Dillon? It is the role he was born to play!

I’d have gone with Bruce Willis if he’s willing to do television. He has the “lived in” look, plus you could always bring on Ashton and Demi for ratings.

I wonder if James Garner will appear on the show. They could take a cue from the producers of Mel Gibson’s Maverick and give him the role of Rocky. (Were it a movie I’d have gone with Tom Hanks strictly because I’ve always thought he and James Garner should play father and son.)

If not, Burt Reynolds would be a good Rocky if he’d lose the rug and cut the hair dye.

I haven’t watched a ton of Rockford but it’s my dads favorite show. When I read the OP two things immediately jumped to mind.

1. Nathan Fillion would be perfect at Jim Rockford.

2. Dermot Mulroney is probably the worst choice* for the role I could think of while trying to be serious about it.

• The worst choice while not being serious about it? A tie between David Hyde Pierce and Kenan Thompson.

Ohh good call, I second the motion.

You know who’d make a great Angel?

:smiley:

While those are both good ideas, my understanding is that neither are in good health.

Thirded. While we’re in the Whedonverse, how about Adam Baldwin? I know he always plays the muscle, but I think he could pull this off.