And the new Jim Rockford is...

That guy will not be Jim Rockford, he will be a similarly named character on a show with a similar plot but it will not be The Rockford Files.

I’m not sure about that. Rockford is world-weary and cynical, but he needs to be able to turn on the charm and be a glad-handing insurance agent or a loud-mouthed Texas oil man at a moment’s notice. I haven’t seen a lot of Nathan Fillion’s work, but he seems too perpetually hangdog to pull off some of Rockford’s snow jobs.

For Angel I see Steve Buscemi.

Dude, you seriously need to watch Dr. Horrible’s Sing-A-Long Blog.

One could hope they’re going for a prequel to show how he got that way.

Why not all the choices? Given enough time and remakes, you could have:

David Boreanaz portraying George Clooney in the role of Keifer Sutherland in the remake of The Rockford Files starring Nathan Fillion who replaced Matthew Perry who himself replaced Dermot Mulrooney who took on the role that James Garner made famous in the original version.

Scott Bakula?

At least his running style is reminiscent of Garner’s.

Not Nathan Fillion, but perhaps this will appease you Firefly fans:

Alan Tudyk as Dennis Becker

My vote for Rockford is Dylan McDermott

http://l.yimg.com/l/tv/us/img/site/24/55/0000042455_20070906173208.jpg

One doesn’t need to have ever seen Firefly to be a fan of Alan Tudyk.

The problem with shows like this is either (a) they were created as vehicles for certain actors (like Jim Garner) or (b) they were originally cast to perfection anyway. Or both. In whichever case, finding actors who can live up to the original version is pretty much impossible.

Y’know, that’s the face I had in my mind while reading all the mentions of Dermot Mulroney on this thread. So I just Googled Dermot Mulroney, and I don’t recognize him at all.

Crap, I was all excited that there was going to be a new Rockford Files show on TV; only to find out this is a zombie thread from 2010. grrrrr

WHAT???

It’s just terentii resurrecting old threads for no apparent reason again. I don’t understand it either. Must be some form of weird affliction he/she has.

So I guess the Rockford reboot thing died in development hell. :frowning: Damn you zombie thread.

Now I have my mouth set for Nathan Fillion as Jim Rockford.

I can never tell them apart.

As long as the thread is back, though… it just pooped into my head that Simon Helberg as Angel could be very interesting.