Android vs. Iphone

Hmmm. I just bought a Cliq from T-mobile for $70. ($110 - $50 credit with a contract)

And, how much is the contract?
Not $59, right?

I don’t have the literature in front of me, and my plan was not the base plan. Also it was a family plan for multiple phones (though that had no effect on the phone price or rebates - which were per phone). However, per phone the rate is about $70. I don’t recall the single phone plans being that differently priced. So $59 might have been possible for the base plan. It’s certainly not way more than $59 in any case.

My understanding is that the phone is around $400 if you want the $59/mo. plan, and cheap (or even free) if you get the ~$80/mo. subsidized plan. I know that T-mobile quoted her $400 for the phone and $59/month.

This link (not where I purchased) seems to indicate $120 (no rebate like I had) and $39 per month contract for limited minutes ($59 for unlimited) single user.
link

Your wife should shop around more.

ETA: the contract extension price (for existing customers) was listed as $190.

As far as I can tell, that plan doesn’t include data or SMS, but it’s pretty unclear.

the camera on the android phones are significantly better than the iPhone (3MP v. 5MP)

I have an HTC Eris and I like it bery bery much.

Also, slight hijack, the GPS on the Android phones is killer.

I’ve heard that MP on cameras at this point isn’t worth much. However, I can tell you that the aperture on the iPhone is terrible, and it’s nearly impossible to get a decent picture of a moving target.