Angel 29 April -- Well, that didn't take long... (SPOILERS)

Thanks on the Groo-eyes.
“Purr-pleh!”

One thought I had when they went down to the basement to shut off the power. “Um, doesn’t the hotel have, you know, LIGHT SWITCHES???”

As for the pool -- totally possible that it was a retractable floor/pool ala "It's a Wonderful Life."

I liked the episode. It was said before, but I don’t it got through, the Ball Room Does Not have a pool under it. That was a mass of those squishy watery things. Cordelia’s mention of the possiblity of a pool was probably just a thrown out hope that it was a pool of water and not squishy slugs.

So, Cordy is a paranormal exterminator? I don’t get it.

Maybe because they were cleaning for most of the episode?

How should one act after having just discovered that one is capable of emitting light that kills demon slugs?

Aside from the ridiculousness of the Demon ex Machina of Cordelia’s outburst, the suddenness of it bothered me. IIRC she never mentioned anything previous to this ep about wondering if she had some other powers coming along with the demon infusion. She out of nowhere mentions it last night and amazingly enough a power manifests within a couple of hours. Wow, there’s foreshadowing for you.

One thing I’m wondering, why did Connor say “Hi dad”? Color me confused, but I was under the impression that ‘dad’ was a more recent term, more recent than when Holtz (who we can assume has raised Connor) was learing to speak. Given that Holtz is from a few hundred years ago, wouldn’t ‘father’ have been more in style? Or maybe the hell plane was one of Current Enlgish Vernacular? Or am I just looking into things too much?

Random Thoughts
S
P
O
I
L
E
R

1. It is official: Cordy is now a combination Super Saiyan/Marge Simpson (in terms of wisdom, not in hair size). Come to think of it, it’s not bad combo at all. This is the way they will expand the Buffy universe for a few more years.

2. It is rare for Gunn to be positioned as the moral center of an episode. Also quite refreshing.

3. When Wes gets possessed, he hides it until the possession strikes and harms someone. When Fred gets possessed, she managed to relatively control it for a period, before the water slug can hurt someone else.

4. Fred, alas, is not as smart as Willow overall, or at least not as ambitious: no genius who is very good at puzzle solving would be as put off by researching something not in her field as Fred was.

5. Angel sure doesn’t feel guilty that his spell led indirectly to a man’s gruesome death.

Well, Holtz did spend a few months here in the present, and displayed a remarkable amount of adaptability. Since fatherhood was a major issue with him, I assume he’d pick up our vernacular.

I’d have to say that I think anyone, no matter how smart in their respective fields, would be freaked out by the task they shoved on Fred. “Hey, we need to know about these strange creatures of indeterminate, but unearthly origins. Please find out about them using this large pile of musty, antiquated, unindexed tomes in a variety of languages in dialects that you probably only understand ten percent of. Feel free to acquire the background historical knowledge necessary to place this all in context as you go. Oh, and could you get this done in a real hurry, otherwise we’re all going to die horribly, and the world will be infested with these things. Thanks so much.”

A background in theoretical physics wouldn’t help much in these circumstances.

That’s right. It would be like asking a gifted mathematician to figure out how to treat a rare tropical disease. With some research, he might be able to figure it out in time… but don’t count on it.

Otto, Cordy has mentioned wondering what the whole demony thing means before - in the ep where Angel’s going nuts trying to get business in for the firm to make money for Connor’s college fund, she mentions it.

**G.I.J[/B[ you are definitely thinking into things too much. :wink:

Finagle - you need to turn out all the lights in a large building in order to be able to see things that want to kill you. Do you (a) turn off all the power at once, or (b) go room to room, while the lights are still on (and the critters are very hard to see and may attack you), and turn off each light switch one-by-one?

Sua

[nitpick]THERE IS NO POOL!!![/nitpick]

The space beneath the floorboards looked watery because of the masses of translucent slugs, as someone already pointed out much earlier in this thread. It wasn’t that Cordy didn’t know about a pool; she was being ironic.

[petpeeve]In the spoilers for Angel, why is it they alwys show the exact last scene? i knew that the son would return from last week’s ads, but it was irritating sitting through 1 hour of glow-in-the-dark slugs (although bearded Wes made it almost worthwhile)to get 5 seconds of Angel’s son at the end. Ugh.[/petpeeve]