Angel 5.05 - 10/29 - "Life of the Party" (spoilers)

She played sex kitten Dana Poole on Boston Public during first season. She’s the girl who had a major crush on Nicky Katt’s ‘Harry Senate’ and kissed him.

I thought this was easily the weakest episode so far this season, but that’s not saying much since it’s a) so early in the season, and b) the previous episodes were so good. Didn’t hate it, but it was too much like “Something Blue.” Neat idea, but already been done.

Lots of good jokes, though, and yet another interesting villain. Between the necromancer, Pavane from last week, and demon prince, this season has had more cool bad guys than you could shake a broadsword at.

Nobody wore costumes to the Halloween party! That really bugged me.

The Archduke’s little snack-boy was rather unsettling and very cool.

The Halloween episodes for BtVS and A are always lighter/wierd fare. They’re always about not being what pop treatments of halloween are, namely, suspenseful and spooky affairs.

Well, count me into the “Pariah Corner”, because I’ve really enjoyed this season of Angel so far. Then again, I’m firmly settled in that corner since last year, because I did not like last season as much as the hype surrounding it suggested. Connor, anyone? Blech.

Still, I felt the Hulk!Lorne to be a letdown of some kind - after the scene where Lorne was talking to himself I was expecting something scarier.

But Happy!Spike (though underused) was a large bonus :slight_smile:

Heck, I wish they’d bring back Virginia, the rich babe Wes dated in Season 2.

They’re not, though. “I’ll take away your bucket” Wes doesn’t exist anymore because all the stuff that happened to make him that way apparently never happened. At this point, none of the following happened: (1) Connor was never born; (2) Wes never translated a prophecy about the father killing the son; (3) Wes never attempted to kidnap Connor; (4) Wes never had his throat cut; (5) Angel never tried to smother Wes; (6) Wes was never ostracized by Angel and the other members of the Fang Gang; and (7) Wes (probably) never had the affair with Lilah, since a chief impetus of that affair was items (1)-(6).

All of that was undone courtesy of the mind/history wipe in “Home.” Wes is probably around where he was after they came back from Pylea. Which is to say, more beige than dark. But still an evolution above the ponce he was in Buffy Season 3.

Connor was still born, the characters just don’t remember him…
I assumed that the characters remember all of their actions except without Connor. So Wes would remember his schism with Angel Investigations but not be able to remember why exactly it occurred.

I think Eve is a poor, poor workaround. It would have been ten times better with Lilah on the scene instead, as zombie girl. Not only would she have history, but a zombie character would at least give her SOMETHING interesting to her besides being an evil human: Eve is just a lawyer flunky as far as we know, with no depth or character. And Lilah sex with Angel would have been so much more… complicated.