Ann Coulter, you really aren't welcome here

The Canadians have done nothing to deserve the Coulter-beast. Aslan would not approve of our pawning them off on her. America must deal with its own problems.

Are you actually serious? Is this perfomance art?

You seem to be contending that “fears of violence” by Coulter’s organizers (who exist to drum up publicity for Coulter) is equivalent to

Look at those two statements long and hard my friend, and then try to tell us with a straight face that Coulter was “silenced by threat of violence”

You may have something here, Skald. I was initially thinking that from a Narnian direction that she might be like Susan Penvensie, curdled and sour after not being taken to Narnia with the rest of the family, just cause she liked nylons.

But now I realize that she’s Tash*.

*God of the Calormen, a skeletal demon with a vulture head.

:: works action on shotgun ::

I’m gonna need you to take that back. Three reasons.

In the first place, we don’t know what happened to Susan later in life. We only know that she didn’t die when her siblings did. That’s a good thing, not a bad one, as if she had died then would not have been in a state of grace.

In the second place, Susan’s liking nylons and lipstick was NOT why she fell out of grace; nor is the fact that she became a sexual being, which the nylons thing is a code for. That’s an irrelevant distraction.

I forgot the third thing, but it was of course brilliant and funny.

{Points finger and laughs}Ha HA! You’re old! :smiley:

But I’m also extremely pretty.

Sorry, it was meant to be “…like Susan Pensevie <could have been>, curdled and sour…”. As you say, we don’t know anything about how Susan turned out. I sincerely doubt that she would have been like Ann Coulter, and I personally have nothing but faith that she found her own way to Aslan’s country. Plus, she’s English, so she probably doesn’t have the ability to be a crass as Coulter.

Tash, however.

Oh, and that third thing? Devastating. Crushing, yet funny, poignant yet rational. Really, even by your high standards of posting, a gem.

Well. She’s filed a human-rights complaint. She, who spouted so much hate, claims she is the victim of a hate crime.

What was that line about being careful when dealing with monsters lest ye become one?

And there’s this:

Smokers? Hockey violence? Cool? I don’t think so…

I got an email from the University of Ottawa today, sent to their alumni mailing list. It says the following:

As a note, ‘Protection Services’ is the campus security service. So according to the university, they didn’t bar her from speaking, for fear of violence or any other reason. Rather, the organizers of the event canceled it. If Cat Whisperer’s cite is correct, Coulter wasn’t even on her way to the event as of 20 minutes past the planned start time.

Ann Coulter thinking we’re not cool is about the highest praise I can think of. Thanks, Ann!

The only threat of violence I could see was that more people wanted to attend the event than the venue could hold. Piss poor organizing is what lead to this problem.

No, no, no. Kittens, not being birds, don’t have gizzards. When they get a little older, however, they may well have the occasional gizzard, from time to time.

The thing about Coulter that gives me fits is when she posts a lucid, cogent blog and I have major cognative dissonance.
During the Harriet Meyers thing she did a piece on the need for appropriate credentials as opposed to ideology.

During the Nappy Headed Hoes event she did a piece on the difference between people in the public eye because they’re involved in puplic discourse, and people that are in the public eye because of athletic prowess and the inappropriateness of shooting your mouth off at the latter group.
Ya see, I thought she was barking mad, or laughing all the way to the bank, then she wrote something I agreed with.

It was a very traumatic experience.

Someone on this board actually argued that the whole line “Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen of Narnia”* refers to the idea of Eternal security, and that there was no way Susan would not come back. As you pointed out, the reason she didn’t die was because she would not have been ready.

I’ve always felt sorry for Susan, because I don’t think there’s anything in the previous stories that warrants her not being with the rest of them. It’s just that Lewis needed some person to stay behind, and it couldn’t be Peter, the leader, Edmund, because he’d already screwed up, or Lucy because she consistently had the faith of a child.

And, yet again, I take the topic so far that it should probably be a separate thread. If people show interest, I’ll start one.

Why do you say “with the exception of statements regarding her religious convictions”?

Funny about Ms. Coulter and Ottawa. The University didn’t shut her down. She canceled on her own.
http://www.alumninews.uottawa.ca/alumni/View.aspx?id=195828&q=194726803&qz=61ec9c

Course, she says different.
http://communities.canada.com/OTTAWACITIZEN/blogs/katzenjammer/archive/2010/03/25/cue-the-violins.aspx

… Yep, thousands of rioting canadians throwing tables and screaming.

It was cold and wet that night up here, you need to keep moving or the damp settles into you bones.

While I think she’s being facetious when she tells a Muslim student to ride a camel, I take her at her word when she says Muslims should be converted to Christianity.

I don’t know how you know that.

It is kind of hard to reconcile this with Canada, a country full of girls named Francois. It seems like you can really only have it one way or the other.