Another Job Lost to the Economy

Today was my day off, and I recieved a call from work. Due to massive cutbacks, I have lost my job.

I worked for American General in the customer service area. Our department was cut from 30 to 10 today. 2 of the 3 supervisors lost their jobs.

I liked this job. I made decent money, had good benefits and the employees had a feeling of family. I will miss going in there every day. I cried when I cleaned my desk out.

I did get a decent severance package and they are going to help with job placement. But it won’t be the same. This was the first job I have had that I can truly say I liked.

Still feeling a little sick to my stomach and numb. This sucks.

Oh, damn that sucks. I’m so sorry.

I hope you find something as good or better, soon.

I’m really sorry to hear about your job. I wish you the best of luck in finding something soon.

And, if you need to vent, this is the place.

Check out this thread. You’ll find some good company.

I am sorry to hear your news. Sending out a wish that you are between jobs for a very short time. (Just enough to enjoy, not enough to hurt your finances too much!)

Thank you… I put in an appearance there now.

I still feel like I am in shock. One minute yesterday, I had just gotten home from taking my puppy to the vet and was talking to a friend on the phone, and the next, call waiting was beeping in and it was work, telling me I no longer had a job. It is a lot to digest.

I am thankful that my job is as safe as any I can think of. But if it will make you feel better the universe has taken a giant dump on the rest of my life.