Another seat for the Democrats... (Rep. Mark Foley)

Thanks, SkipMagic. My bad, to have OP’d an identical thread.

This guy, I actually pity him. It’s so transparent, and he’s in a position of such obvious power. These guys, they never learn do they?

-sigh-

I’m glad I don’t wear boxers. I’d feel all… oooogey right now. :smiley:

Cartooniverse, fresh from the ThreadMerger.

[QUOTE=silver1]
The article I read on this was on Yahoo:

Foley Resigns

This article also discusses info from ABC News regarding Foley apparently getting into sexually-oriented instant message conversations with current and former teenage male pages. Sez ABC News: "In one message, ABC said, Foley wrote to one page: ‘Do I make you a little horny?’ "
[/QUOTE]

Maybe using the bolded quote was in poor taste, but couldn’t a case be made that Foley was trying to use a catchphrase made famous by the Austin Powers movies starring Mike Myers?

[QUOTE=ivylass]
Well, at least he had the decency to immediately resign, unlike others.
[/QUOTE]

Oops, wrong story.

[QUOTE=Count Blucher]
He said he’d turn over a new leaf, just as soon as he’d gotten to the bottom of that Page…
[/QUOTE]

::checks my Uncle Lucy’s list of the damned, which updates every hour::

Yep. It’s official. You’re going to hell. :wink:

What do congressmen use for bookmarks? Bent over pages! Thank you, I’ll be here all week. Be sure to tip your waitress.

Out of curiosity, anybody know what Foley’s stand on things like gay marriage was before this?

[QUOTE=Carl Corey]
Here you go:

NY Times story

Reg. required.

Apparently Foley asked the page for a picture, which skeeved the kid out.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wonder about that. One article said that the kid was very emphatic about calling the request “sick”, which makes me wonder what kind of photo Foley wanted him to send. Not his yearbook photo, I would imagine, so I wonder what were the specifics of the request.

Sometimes, when people have a problem, they have to hit rock bottom before finally getting help. In this case, it would presumably be a rock-hard, sixteen-year-old bottom, but hey.

[QUOTE=Mighty_Girl]
Followed by
[/QUOTE]

You ever…seen a…grown man naked?

Timmy, do you like gladiator movies?

[QUOTE=medstar]
Maybe using the bolded quote was in poor taste, but couldn’t a case be made that Foley was trying to use a catchphrase made famous by the Austin Powers movies starring Mike Myers?
[/QUOTE]

There are several pages involved in this, apparently. In a link to IM transcripts in another thread, he was asking a kid about how he masturbated and how often, and said something about wanting to see his “cute butt” going up and down. I’m fairly sure that wasn’t in any of the Austin Powers movies.

[QUOTE=Tuckerfan]
Out of curiosity, anybody know what Foley’s stand on things like gay marriage was before this?
[/QUOTE]

Not that it’s at all relevant, but he voted against the SSM constitutional amendment in 2004 (didn’t see a cite on this year’s vote) and against bannign gay people from adopting in DC.

cite

Whether that reflected any sincere belief on Foley’s part or a desire to avoid being outed (there was a whispering campaign not too long ago) I don’t know.