Any breastfeeding moms out there NOT lose weight?

[QUOTE=WhyNot]
Many women lose weight from nursing, but not all of us. I gained more after each of my deliveries, despite breastfeeding. Dammit.

You’re actually supposed to eat 600 calories a day more than your pregnancy diet - which is supposed to be 600 more than your pre-pregnancy diet. So a lactating woman supposedly needs 1200 more calories per day than a non-lactator to maintain her weight.

Ha. I sadly scoff. Apparently I’m one of those women who should be worshiped in a fertility cult, because I actively dieted, eating less than 1200 calories a day, while lactating, and still put on weight. Bugger.
[/QUOTE]

MOM?!

Damnit, when did you learn English?

ETA: {{{{{{Dangersis}}}}}} - both my aunts had it. Docs always roll their eyes and say “aunts aren’t relevant” when taking down my medical history; then I say “the one from each side” they cuss, pale and write it down.

How fondly I remember the days of eating absolultely anything and everything while nursing my first, and concurrently pregnant with my second. Should’ve seen my grocery bills back then!

[QUOTE=CrankyAsAnOldMan]
I’ve heard conjecture that some people’s bodies reserve some poundage when nursing, so it will have calories available for the nursing baby during possible drought/famine/poor caveman hunting season. But that could be complete and total hogwash.
[/QUOTE]
The flip side of the potential hogwash is the “can’t get pregnant while breastfeeding” idea. If someone is deprived nutritionally, and breastfeeding, it’s possible they wouldn’t have enough fat to ovulate. In richer times, the myth doesn’t hold true.