I have a newer Carrier AC/furnace unit, and yesterday it conked out.
Does not come on at all, either the inside blower (nothing coming out of the vents), or the outside unit.
Things I have checked:
- The house circuit breaker. Nope.
- The thermostat. Everything seems fine there. It uses a battery and they are charged up.
- The outside “plug” or whatever that’s called (it’s the thing in the box that you turn upside down if you want to temporarily shut off the outside unit).
- The inside circuit board. Looks fine, no scorch marks. Fuse on it was intact. There are, however, no lit LEDs or anything that would indicate it is getting any power.
- The electrical wiring into the unit appears intact, as far as I can see it.
Any more steps I can take to diagnose/fix it? I have a strong feeling it is something on the inside of the house. I’d like to do a last ditch effort to fix it myself because the company that installed it are huge dicks and I’d prefer not to have to deal with them again if I don’t have to.