Any idea what this statue is?

This is a statue question, not a musical one, which is why I’m putting it in GQ. I’ve noticed that Paul McCartney has this statue placed somewhere on a couple of his albums. The statue is either very prevailant, or somewhere in the back drop. Anyone know what/who this statue is?

It looked slightly Soviet to me, but nope, this site has the answer:

Nice pic.

This is a chryselephantine (gold and ivory) statuette by Dimitri Chiparus. Scroll down this page: http://www.bronzewholesale.com/demchip1.html and you will see a version of it. Chryselephantine statuettes had a period of being very fashionable in the 1920’s.

Wow, Visual Purple, I really like those!
Anyway, I didn´t really answer the OP… that´s what you get for not reading the question:rolleyes:

Thanks for the info guys.
I’d been looking at that statue on my Wings albums for 25+ years nowand never knew what it was.

** Chryselephantine statuettes had a period of being very fashionable in the 1920’s.**

McCartney wrote a few songs that sound like the came right out of the 20’s or 30’s (“You Gave me the Answer”, “Baby’s Request”) I wonder if his interest in this type of statue is related to his love of that type of music.