Any IFTTT/Smart Home recommendations for this?

I have the beginnings of a very minimal smart home. We have a Nest thermostat, added a few Nest cams when babies #1 and then #2 arrived, then I popped for a few Google Home minis when they were on massive discount last Christmas, and got a couple smart plugs to pair with them. I’m moderately amused by them, but they aren’t a daily part of my life (aside from the Nests).

What I’d really like to do is add a smart switch for the lights outside the garage, so I can set them on a timer, control them from the phone/Google, etc… They are controlled by a single switch. However, that switch is part of a three-gang box, and I’m not sure if I’d be able to fit a wider switch in there. I’ve thought about using something like Philips Hue bulbs, but the wife wants to use edison bulbs in the fixtures, because the fixtures are clear glass.

Anyone aware of something that would work? I’d prefer something that doesn’t add a hub to the equation - I prefer IFTTT or Google.

You can use something like this: https://tp-link.com/us/products/details/cat-5622_HS220.html

IMHO though it’s a lot less of a hassle to just get motion-sensing LED bulbs. You walk near them and they light up, stay on for a minute or two, and then turn themselves off when you leave. None of the hassle associated with smart devices.

Ring also makes great outdoor floodlight cams that light up & record stuff when people get near. It’s set-up-and-forget.

Both are these require less daily interaction than a smart bulb/switch. You do lose the edison-style filament bulb though.

Your link doesn’t seem to work for me.

The primary purpose of the lights isn’t for security, it’s to make the house look nice at night from the outside.

Their website seems down right now. Just Google smart lightbulb switch.

TP Link seems to only have switches that are wide paddle switches. Like I mentioned in the OP, that won’t work for me, since the switch I need to replace is in a 3-gang, and that won’t fit.