Any kind people willing to offer advice on grammar?

To cut a long story short, I’ve been thinking about starting with some blogging, but I don’t really think that the standard of my written work is really good enough at the moment.

I was wondering whether anyone could suggest some good sources of advice in terms of bringing written work up to a more professional standard.

I was also hoping that there might be a few kind people who wouldn’t mind having a look at some of my past posts to see if there are any obvious weaknesses that I need to address first.

I’d also welcome any comment on rhetorical stuff, especially with regard to any common logical issues, but I’m figuring that the grammar is probably easier to address for a start and this thread is already cheeky enough as it is.

Offhand, I’m not sure that you need help with grammar. Everything you’ve written here is grammatically correct, and while I didn’t check too closely, spelled correctly.

I would guess that you’re more concerned with style, that is, structure, punctuation, ideation, tone, and other things like that. This web site is as good as any about how to make your writng sound polished, although not in a literary way (http://www.designsensory.com/pws/index.html). If it’s more literary, it’s a bit harder since there’s more leeway.

If you’d like, I’d be happy to look at your writing, provided that it’s not too long and that you’re willing to perhaps wait a few days for my comments. I am busy, but I would like to help. I can be a bit pedantic, though, so beware of that.