Any Oregon Dopers?

I keep reading about the other get-togethers, and I’m really jealous! Are there any Oregon Dopers that would be interested in a get-together? I understand it may be hard to find a good meeting place, considering how freaking huge OR is compared to some states back east :wink: but if anyone lives reasonably close to the Salem area, I think a get-together would be fun.

Gr8 “Feeling left out :(” Kat

“I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it,” Jack Handy

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Not me, but I hear they have great dope in Oregon! :wink:

Best!
Byz

Lip trembling, tears welling up in eyes

Hello?

HELLO??

I’m going to go cry myself to sleep now :frowning:

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Greatings from the Willamette Valley, Gr8Kat! Good to know there’s another Oregonian on the board - looks like we’re pretty much alone, here. At least we live in paradise, right?

A hello to you, too Byz - everything out here grows like magic, if you know what I mean.

Portland, OR here… land of the bored and the boring. And Trees. Lots of freaking trees. And they’re all evergreens, so the whole state is green all the goddamn time. Grey skies, green ground. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I like all the nature, but I was raised in the Boston suburbs, and I’m used to fall being a time of reds, and oranges… winter being white… not just green green green! Argh!
And anyways, there’s nothing do do here but smoke pot or shoot heroin. And I do neither.
At least our basketball team is going to win 81 games this year.

http://www.madpoet.com
The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

You guys be careful. An Oregon Doper is only four letters removed from an organ donor.

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs. – E. Grebenik

Oooh, and an anagram of organ is GROAN!

Hell is Other People.

Another Portlander here. So far, no real troll types come from Oregon, have you noticed?

Alright, I’ll just save everyone the trouble.

“Until now!”

Eugene, here. Yes, affiliated with the school.
Lonely out here, no?

Any suggestions as to where we could have a get-together?

This time of year. . .Hawaii!

How about in Wilsonville? There’s a great place called Wanker’s Corners Saloon and Cafe. Good food and atmosphere, and you get to throw your peanut shells on the floor!

Sounds good to me, I’ve driven by that place a million times (I work near Canby) - always people hanging out there, but I’ve never been inside.

Any place where you can get drunk and throw your food on the floor is A-O-K by me!

How about right after Thanksgiving?

Hell is Other People.

Woo Hoo! I’m not alone!

If you’re all serious about a get-together and not just bsing (I’m gullible and have a hard time telling the difference), then the day after Thanksgiving at Wanker’s Corner sounds like fun. (Could a non-Doper husband come, too? He hates to be left out, and I’m softhearted as well as gullible–I know, bad combination.)

And looky what I found! http://www.wankerscorner.com/

TTFN :slight_smile:

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Oh, RIGHT after Thanksgiving, not NIGHT after Thanksgiving. Whenever is fine :slight_smile:

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

I’m gone that weekend. Any chance making it the next weekend?

Any weekend is fine with me. I just request that it be on a Friday or (preferably) Saturday night since I’m a working girl.

Is anyone else game?

The Kat House
Join the FSH Webring

Anybody object to the next weekend after the Thanksgiving weekend? Either Friday or Saturday is fine with me.