Any rhythm games here? (PSX and PS2)

I love 'em. My favorites:

• Frequency (by far my favorite PS2 game)
  • Parappa The Rapper (both 1 and 2) and Um Jammer Lammy
  • Gitaroo Man
  • Mad Maestro!

I never played MTV Music Generator because, hey if MTV is involved, it’s gotta suck.

Is there any other classics of the rhythm genre that I’m missing (for the PSX or PS2)?

Of course, that title should read “Any rhythm gamers…”

If a benevolent mod fixes that, I promise not to whine about the over-moderation on the SDMB for a least a few hours. :smiley:

I was just coming in to recommend Frequency based on the thread title. One of my friends was a lead developer on that.

Yeah, that’s my only claim to fame.

Don’t you ever forget about Dance Dance Revolution or Samba de Amigo, either.

You’re that Ino?! :eek:

I’ve heard of DDR of course, but I’ve actually never played it (I didn’t get into consoles until the PS2, so I missed a few classics).

Is Samba de Amigo just for the DC? Never heard of that one.

Samba de Amigo is for the DC. Just a fun fun game. DDR is the best of it’s type, worth getting, even with a PS2. I play it all the time on mine.

L L L L L L L L LNO LNO LNO IT’S AN L!

lno. Not Ino. lno.

Someday, I’ll snap and write a pit rant, or I’ll snap and change my name.

Nah, too much effort. I’d rather go play DDR and sing along to Boom Boom Dollar.

Is it just me, or does DDR sound like some German republic?

Lol whoops. My apologies lno. Damn the creator of Arial!

Ok now for the real question. I’m almost ashamed to ask it, and I’m certainly ashamed to answer it. The question:

Who is going to rent/buy Britney’s Dance Beat when it comes out in a few weeks?

Ok, I’ll admit it. I despise Britney and all she encompasses, but this game looks kinda interesting. Definitely just a rental though - I won’t be plunking down 40 bucks for a copy. Even if I love it, I don’t think I could take the pressure of stashing it somewhere every time the guys came over to play Madden. :slight_smile: