Any songs about a man being in love with a tramp?

I always thought “The Lady is a Tramp” was one o’ them there eye-ronic things. That she wasn’t a tramp, she just wasn’t one to kowtow to societal dictates.

36D by The Beautiful South
It’s basically the same idea as “Roxanne” – the narrator’s telling a prostitute she doesn’t have to be a prostitute. (“36D, so what? Is that all that you’ve got?”)

Lady Marmalade fits the bill, I would think.

Is Hard luck woman by KISS about a tramp?

I’ve seen a few oldies here, so here’s one more in the country/bluegrass hurtin’ genre.

The longest day I live I’ll still be sufferin’ from the shame
In the gutter you were making yourself quite a name

• Losin’ You (Might be the Best Thing Yet)

How about “Go your own way” by Fleetwood Mac? I’ve heard it was written by Lindsey Buckingham about his then wife Stevie Nicks:

Shacking up is all you wanna do
Baby if I could I would give you my world.
How can I when you won’t take it from me?

“You’re So Damn Hot” by OKGO

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

I notice most of these songs, while they might be about a man being in love with a woman who happens to be a tramp, tend to be laments about the fact that she’s a tramp. Not much admiration for tramphood going on there.

Unlike, say, Peggy Lee’s homage to the second title character in Disney’s Lady and the Tramp.

I suppose you could claim that the word ain’t the same in that context, but is there not at least a strong implicit whiff of “got lots of sexual experience to his name” to our streetwise boydog, to contrast with the pampered-housedog Lady?

Dunno if that’s where the OP was headed, but I’ll stick in my own request for any songs about a man in love with (or in admiration of) a tramp that isn’t all imbued with “gee I wish she wasn’t a tramp”.

I’d say about every third song by the Offspring.

Most well known of them:

“Self-Esteem”

• I know I’m being used
    That’s okay, man, 'cause I like the abuse
    I know she’s playing with me
    That’s okay 'cause I’ve got no self esteem

What a catchy little ditty…

Prince - Little Red Corvette
Biz Markie - Just a Friend
Wham! - Freedom
Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song
Elton John - I Don’t Want to Go on With You Like That
Great White - Once Bitten, Twice Shy
Motley Crue - Same Ol Situation

Cracklin’ Rose, you’re a store bought woman,
But you make me sing like a guitar hummin’.
So hang on to me, girl.
Our song keeps runnin’ on.

Gotta love that Neil Diamond!

Doesn’t matter, it’s still about a guy who goes ga-ga for a trampy gal, whatever the def might be. Her kind of trampishness just doesn’t involve sleeping around, more like being a free spirit. Besides, back in the 50s they had a chain-of-causation going, went something like this: “Don’t chew gum. Because if you chew gum you’ll smoke cigarettes. And if you smoke cigarettes, you’ll drink. And we all know what women who drink do.”

So, tramp by implication here, at the very least.

I think you’re missing the point of the song. She’s ‘a Tramp’ from the perspective of some very small, mean people. She’s too good for them, and they resent it. She’s not ‘fashionably’ late, but shows up on time. She doesn’t gamble, and she doesn’t hang on the arms of rich people. She’s self-confident, and has simple needs and desires, and so they are trying to cut her down.

The song does not apply to a thread asking for songs about loose or trashy women.

Rags? The Sailor’s Only Daughter? All we really know about her is that she’s unlucky at love and can’t hold on to a man (including the weaselly narrator). Nothing really trampy there.

The Who’s “Mary-Anne with the Shaky Hand” is a possibility. Whether Mary-Anne could be described as a tramp or not depends on whether or not you give a sexual reading to the whole “shaky hand” thing, but the admiring narrator seems impressed rather than bothered by the fact that “guys come from every city/just to shake her shaky hand”.

Pete Townshend’s later solo song “My Baby Gives It Away” might also fit the request, although it’s not clear from the lyrics if the woman is “giving it away” to numerous sexual partners or only the narrator. However, the verse does suggest that the main difference between the woman in question and a prostitute is that this woman isn’t charging for it. That doesn’t imply sexual monogamy to me.

How We Luz Deez Hoes? by Outkast?

You bastard!

(I spent one memorable weekend torturing Billdo by playing Cracklin’ Rosie over and over and over and over… And now he goes and steals my song? He’s such a turdburger.)