Anybody an expert on the Chad Mitchell trio,(and/or bands in their cohort?)

I have a weird memory in the back of my head from an song I used to listen too. I really cannot pin it down within 30 years sadly . I am pretty sure that I heard it enough that it had to have been records and not live, although it is possible I boot legged it my self, but I am pretty sure it was a published recording.

It is just a weird snippet of the kind of song where the band asked the audience to contribute verses, and no, I really have no idea what the song was I’ve convinced myself of 100 different things.
But the part I remember is some drunk guy getting his turn and shouting out"If you see a waitress here, send her over with a beer." with no rhythm or melody whatsoever.

I have looked for anyway to find an answer to the question in my head for years. and suddenly tonight the question popped into my head as somehow having a relation to hearing the the song “Super Skier” and was wondering if that might mean something to anyone?

Not the CMT, but the Limeliters. The lyrics (including Lou Gottleib’s introduction and commentary) can be found here.

As for “Super Skier”: there was an album by Bob Gibson called “Ski Songs”. A ski area I used to visit as a kid had it on repeat the whole season - incredibly corny stuff.

The Chad Mitchell Trio had some wicked political satire. I remember the first lines of “The John Birch Society”

“Oh, we’re meetin’ at the courthouse at eight o’clock tonight
You just walk in the door and take the first turn to the right
Be careful when you get there, we hate to be bereft
But we’re taking down the names of everyone turning left…”

Dennis

Followed by:Join the John Birch Society, help us fill the ranks:
To get this movement started, we need lots of tools and cranks.And in 1964, about Goldwater supporters:Oh we’re the bright young men who want to go back to 1910, we’re Barry’s boys.
We’re the kids with a cause, that’s right, a government like grand’mama’s, we’re Barry’s boys.Amazing how much of my brain is taken up by this sort of stuff. It’s amazing that I can remember to breathe.

I’m not sure how I missed your answer a year ago, But thank you so much. That has been digging a hole in my brain forever.

I’ve been waiting for this to get bumped… to mention that in my “odd albums” collection, I’ve got a couple of Chad Mitchell TRIO albums… with four members on the cover.

Usually Jim McGuinn (later aka Roger), but also John Denver.

Here. Take. A. Look.

I always liked the one they did about Billy Sol Estes.

[sings] He had one shining purpose (and two sets of books). . .[/sings]