Anybody here ever have a relationship with a famous person?

Speaking of old school wrestling, I am engaged to Kevin Von Erich’s daughter.

I’ve had a few brushes with fame, but I’ll share the long-term one with you, since it’ll answer your questions better. I was involved with a positively nummy little treat for a while who, although he’s never been in anything huge, was recognized sometimes when we went out. He wasn’t any different because of his fame, though I have to wonder how much my not knowing who he was had to do with his decision to ask me out.

I think the most difficult thing was getting used to being interrupted. You’re eating dinner, boom, here comes a fan. Walking down the street talking, boom, here comes a fan. You have to get good at remembering what you were saying 10 minutes ago. :wink: And because of the projects he’d worked on, some of those people were scary. I tended to stay away from his scheduled appearances (unless he specifically asked me to go) because the fans wigged me out. I noticed one thing… the scary people tended to identify him by character (“Aren’t you Y?”), while the polite, sane people identified him by name (Aren’t you Z, who plays Y?") Strange.

It’s completely bizarre to see his work pop up on TV now, though. He was in a cult-status movie that included a steamy, steamy sex scene (before we got together), and every now and then I stumble across it on tv and go “Yeah, that’s not a body double.” :smiley:

My mother’s friend was pretty serious with country singer John Michael Montgomery. Supposedly he was a great guy and they thought about marriage, but it just didn’t work out.

I had a long-term relationship with a guy who was a minor celebrity on the indie music circuit. He got recognised fairly often when we were out together, although not enough that it really disrupted our lives. The weirdest thing about it really was reading about myself (disguised in his interviews and lyrics).

It was very hard when we split and I had to hear his voice every time one of his songs was played in a club or wherever, had to see his picture in magazines etc. But apart from that I don’t think it was too different from what a relationship with a non-celebrity would be.

way to not name names people yawn :stuck_out_tongue:

on the “friend-of-a-friend” theme, I worked with a woman who had had a short relationship/fling with Eric Clapton!

I once waited on Jerome Bettis at Kmart. On the morning of their big game earlier this year against the Patriots.

Ok, so he’s not exactly famous, but…

I was in the cafeteria at school (LSU) my freshman semester and I ran into two cute guys - both not from Louisiana (I’m an outta stater too). We got to talking and ended up sitting together when I found out they were on the baseball team. Anyone ever heard of our short stop Aaron Hill - SEC freshman of the year in either 2000 or 2001? Yeah, I ate with him. Really nice guy - GREAT body too. :slight_smile:

After reading this whole thread to this point, the answer to the OP is clearly “NO”.

My cousin’s roomate in college had this guy who would walk his sister’s dogs when she was out of town. Well, this guy lived right next door to the 2nd Executive Assistant in the travel agency that books all the travel for the hairdresser of the waitress at the deli where the caterer who supplys all the food for the HBO film crew gets it cold cuts. Well, this film crew rents it equipment from the same company that supplied the cameras for “Lost in Space”, and, well you all know about that story!

Oh, I’m sorry! Did you say something?

After reading this whole thread to this point, the answer to the OP is clearly “NO”.

My cousin’s roomate in college had this guy who would walk his sister’s dogs when she was out of town. Well, this guy lived right next door to the 2nd Executive Assistant in the travel agency that books all the travel for the hairdresser of the waitress at the deli where the caterer who supplys all the food for the HBO film crew gets it cold cuts. Well, this film crew rents it equipment from the same company that supplied the cameras for “Lost in Space”, and, well you all know about that story!

Oh, I’m sorry! Did you say something?

I ask the daughter of the governor of my state (at that time) to go out. She worked in office for a chain of muffler shops in the Puget Sound area and I worked in one of the shops. She was very easy to talk to and always greeted me like she missed me. It appeared we had a lot in common even though I was 7 years older than her. One Friday I worked up the nerve to ask her out to a movie that she wanted to see. I figured there was no way she would say no. She said no.

Hmm, I guess it’s no surprise that celebrities come in every flavour, just like real people :D. Some psycho bitches, some nice guys, and everything in the spectrum inbetween, I would guess. bobkitty, I never thought of the interruption factor of fame. One more reason for me to never, ever pursue it for myself.

Welp… I’ve been friends with Steve Crosno… DJ/VJ in the El Paso TX area for the past 40 years… trying to resurrect his computer at the moment so he can get back to producing his show.

Speaking of which, anyone in the Las Cruces area interested in managing ads for his show? He has something like a 25 share in his market which is meaningless to me but is apparently not bad ™.

LOL. I ** hate** it when that happens…

I became very good friends with the founder of Redheads International. I guess he’s famous, if you’re a redhead.

My mom went on a date with Tom Selleck back when he was the Marlboro Man. She used to be a flight attendent and he picked her up on the plane I guess.

Was this in lancaster ca?