Anyone else bothered by books printed entirely in bold text?

I just got two books by Chuck Klosterman, Fargo Rock City and Killing Yourself To Live. The only thing is, the latter of those two is printed entirely in black, bold text. I mean literally like this. Why the hell did they have to go and do that? Fargo Rock City is in normal, plain, non-bold text and is way easier on the eyes. I’ve heard this is a great book but I don’t know if I’ll be able to really enjoy reading it because of the bold text. Forgive me if this sounds like a really really petty judgment, but I just know it’s going to bug the hell out of me.

Anyone else with me? Am I being overly sensitive?

Yes, you’re being overly sensitive. I don’t see a thing wrong with it. In fact, I don’t know why everybody doesn’t print everything this way all the time.

:smiley:

Word on the street is that Klosterman chose that font specifically because it’s the same one used in Bob Dylan’s autobiography. Having glanced at the preview pages on Amazon, I agree that it’s a bit unkind to the eyes.

I also do not like long passages in italics and I do not like books in a sans serif font.

All bold? I’d find that the least irritating of my three print peeves, but irritating nonetheless.