Anyone else watching Eureka on SciFi?

I really enjoyed one touch. The psychiatrist/B&B owner/hot-chick’s electric car was kept in a clear garage. If one had an solar-powered car, it makes great sense.

The Deputy ordering Fugu was cute, too.

Really enjoyed the pilot. The hope the implied background conpiracy doesn’t get too dark.

Other questions:

1. Why did the Sheriff fall asleep just before the kiss?

2. Who was helping out the scientist who built the basement machine? Why?

3. Is the head scentist/astrophyics/Ally McBeal guy involved? Seems so. Also, his wormy little assistant implied he’s an escaped felon or something.

Regaurding 13… he may be, but he seemed abit nervous about going into section 5… and he told his assistant to “stay”… one wonders if there is some corrolation to the assistant and the dog…

Maybe his assistant is the dog! Did we ever see them in the same place at the same time? :smiley:

Maybe it’s Blood
The telepathic hound from “A Boy and His Dog”

Did anyone else think of “Mustard Man” when Taggart accidentally shot the waiter at the restaurant? (Mustard man is a celebrity/cliche on Fark’s Photoshop contests – or at least that’s where I know him from.)

The pilot has potential. I liked Henry and his garage, and that everyone shrugs off the explosions in the distance. It reminds me a bit of living here, close to Redstone Arsenal. It’s not uncommon to see a big cloud of something-was-just-test-fired hovering over the base.

I expected the solar-powered car to come to a halt during the rain.

There was an advertisement for a show based on the Harry Dresden books!

I assumed it would be a setup for when they left at the end of the pilot, but it was daytime when they headed out of town, despite the fact that Zoe was definitely wearing the same shirt in the car. If that doesn’t get solved at some point (even with a deleted scene on the eventual DVD), I’ll be annoyed.

But for all that, I liked it. Although what Snoooopy said upthread is right–the second Bev asked Walter’s wife if she’d told anybody, I said “Oh man, you’re so dead.”

SciFi Channel is showing the pilot again tonight - 7 pm.

They showed the pilot again last night, 7/24, and seemed to indicate it would be on tonight, Tuesday 7/25. But i don’t see it on the schedule.

Any idea when it will continue?

My TV schedule shows that there’s a new episode of “Eureka” on the Sci-Fi Channel at 8:00pm tonight (Tuesday 7/25), with a repeat at 10:05pm (central time zone).

I think I was looking for it on USA network! :smack:

I’ll set my recorder when I get home.

Thanks

I’m feeling like it could use an infusion of “X-Files” myself- at least the first few seasons. For a show about a science community, I was hoping for a solution better than “Well, we don’t know what this weird doomsday machine does, so if we turn it on it’ll fix everything.” Still, there’s some real potential here, and I’ll keep watching.

I gather I was supposed to think that the daughter was just some criminal? I assumed she was the daughter from the beginning; the dynamic between the two just suggests it, somehow, even in the car.

I’m about 2/3rds throught the pilot. Was there another episode?

How come none of the places I live or visit have that kind of ratio of hot, adult women in them?

The pilot was two hours long and originally aired on the 18th. On the 25th a second episode aired centered around a ghost.

I DVRed the Pilot, but I missed the Tuesday episode. Didn’t see a replay in my guide this morning. :frowning:

Hopefully, they will replay before the next Tuesday episode.

I’m not sure what’s going on with my DVR. Did a second episode play yet?

I really like this show (just got done watching the pilot). I like all the characters right from the start, especially the main character Jack Carter. What a great smile.

Since it does seem to be a pretty cool show - fairly smart, witty - I wonder how long it will take Sci-Fi to cancel it?

I have like what I’ve seen so far. I did have to suspend disbelief a couple of times, but I’m not taking it seriously, it’s fun so far. Although what happened to the first Susan Perkins is a downer. The house “Sarah”, in the first regular episdoe, could be a running gag. And I’d purely love to eat at the restaurant. I hope it continues at least for a while.

I’m gonna be really pissed if these people turns out to be the “Others” on Lost.

Nothing overly surprising, but good fun and all.

Watch it for the kooky situations and the good character work – not great, but I’ve been obsessed with worse.

I’m back for the third ep.

I wonder if the real Susan Perkins will stay in Eureka. Even if she didn’t marry Walter, that would have to be bizarre. And the kid’s head is going to be so twisted, trying to explain about Mommy.