Anyone Ever Mocked a Celebrity...To Their Face?

I first have to say that I find Tim McCarver one of the most annoying people on Earth.

Last year after a Red Sox game in Boston, my friend and I were sitting at the oyster bar in the Union Oyster House. Tim McCarver (who had called the game that day with Joe Buck for Fox) and his wife came in and sat next to us.

After chatting for a while about this and that, his wife says to us “What do you think of the show?” My friend replied “We love Joe Buck, he does a great job” :smiley:

They were outta there in 2 minutes.

At a book signing I asked Dan “The Da Vinci Code” Brown if he wouldn’t mind signing a copy to: “Dear highest eBay bidder…”

He sort of laughed.

Heh.

Billy Corgan: I’m Billy Corgan, Smashing Pumpkins.
Homer Simpson: Homer Simpson…smiling politely.

Better would be you saying it to the top of his head.
For the record, I have never mocked a celebrity to their face or any other part of their anatomy.

Disclaimer: This is my dad’s story that he likes to tell, and my dad likes to engage in, uh…let’s call it hyperbole. I’ve never confirmed the veracity of it, so I have reason to doubt. But it’s a funny one nonetheless, and the only such story I have. :stuck_out_tongue:

My dad and his friend were on a plane many, many years back on a business trip. They were relaxing, having some alcohol, not really doing much of anything. My dad then notices Richard Simmons sitting across the aisle from them. Cool, fine, they go on with their meal.

Apparently, Simmons leaned over at one point and chastised them. (Paraphrasing) “You need to watch what you eat, you fat-fat-fatties!” I can’t remember whether or not my dad said something back to him, but Richard Simmons goes back to his own business and they finish the flight.

At the airport, my dad and his friend walk outside to the bus stops, and they see a limo waiting there, obviously for Simmons. They waited and watched him get into the limo, and before it took off they ran over and did a Chinese Fire Drill on the limo, slapping the hood and windows as they ran around. After that, they hopped in a cab and took off, apparently suffering no repercussions.

I have to question the mental image of two businessmen in suits pulling this sort of thing, but my dad’s always been a little immature. :slight_smile:

Years ago my mother and I were at some random restaurant in Niagara Falls, when this exchange took place:

Mom: Who is that woman at the next table? She looks familiar.
Me: That’s Joan Rivers.
Mom (really loud): What a loudmouth! Does she really think she’s funny?
Me: (busting a gut laughing so hard I can’t look at Joan Rivers to see what her reaction was)

That gives the phrase “biting off more than you can chew” a whole new dimension.

Billy Ashley was pretty damn good here in Albuquerque. I’m surprised he had such a tough time in the majors–maybe the altitude was making him look better than he was.

Man, there are some rude bastards around here. :smiley:

Just stay on our good side, watsonwil.

A friend of mine was out one night at this bar on the upper west side when Tony Danza came in for dinner. After a few more rounds, he walks up to him and says: “HEy I know you, you were on TV right? Man I loved you on ‘Joannie Loves Chockie[sic]’”

A bit of gay-bashing, how funny.

Um, I don’t think that’s what he was doing.

Calling someone a cocksucker is like calling them an asshole, a prick, jackass…and so on and so forth.

How about letting him speak for himself?

Chill out please, I was just pointing out what I thought he meant.

And you would be right, *Pensandfeathers. This was mid to late 1990’s, before Michael Stipe came out.

And, while I could see something thinking it’s a case of gay-bashing, it wasn’t meant that way.

I’m not going to say, “some of my best friends are gay.” That’s an excuse that people throw out when someone calls them something less than stellar.

While it wasn’t meant in any gay-bashing sort of way, Walloon, I can see how you might infer it from the story. But, as I said, it certainly wan’t intended as such.

If any of our resident homosexuals took offense, I’ll be more than glad to apologize to them for any misunderstanding.

I WILL, however, take this opportunity to apologize for screwing up the coding.

Too late, codesucker.

I’ve never dissed a celebrity in person, but next time I see Billie Jean King, she’d better watch out.

I called Little Jimmy Urine (of Mindless Self Indulgence) an asshole.

Of course, he did get spit on during the entire concert, and he still signed my pack o’ Camels; so that’s par for the course for him.

Oh come on, you really expect us to believe this?

I mean, EVERYONE knows Heath Shuler did it much better!