Anyone familiar with the Garfield's restaurant chain?

There used to be one in my town. OK, it was formulaic, as are most of the casual eating chains, but it was not a common chain. Anyway, it closed some years ago, and when I was on vacation last week, I thought I might be able to drop in and check it out. Alas, that one (Savannah, GA) had closed, too. So. . .

If there is one near you, is it still in business? Their website is still up, but you never know. . . .

http://www.garfields.net/my_garfields_home.htm

Yep, it is.

I ate there a bit when I was young and was more into drawing, and I’d have the crayons all to myself. The server would come up and startle me by taking a few out of my ‘palette’, if you will, so he/she could write their name on the table in huge 2,000-point cursive, thusly ruining perfectly good drawing space and casting a shadow over the dinner.

I’m trying to pick my brain to find any distinguishing features other than this paper-tablecloth bit, but they all seem to blend into my “Applebee’s/Bennigan’s/TGI Friday’s” memory bank.

Does this place have anything to do with everyones favorite orange cat?

There was one around here that closed a few years ago. I liked it when I was a kid, but don’t remember much about it except for the crayons and some old musical instruments decorating the wall.

It doesn’t have anything to do with the cat, Muad’Dib. I believe it was started by a man named Garfield.

The one here is still open…appears to do pretty good business, too, because it’s always crowded on the weekends.

I like their chicken quesadillas.

You were almost in my neighborhood!

I enjoyed the restaurant. Especially the Fire Strings.