Anyone here play ranked League of Legends?

Hey guys, I have been playing since last late-June and have made it to level 22 on League of Legends. I own about ten champions that I play normally and am working on filling my rune pages with Tier 3 runes. I have already started playing Draft since like level 18 to get used to the picking method used in ranked.

I am aiming to make it to level 30 around Christmas so I can spend that vacation playing ranked.

Before you make any assumptions, I know people recommend getting like 600 normal wins before you dive into ranked but in reality, I don’t mind too much if I get put in Bronze V because if I belong there, I belong there. I will get out when I am ready to.

It looks like I will probably be playing a lot of AD Carry because that’s my favorite role.

I was just wondering if anyone here still plays ranked League of Legends on a consistent basis currently. How did it go in the beginning? Is the skill level of 1200 ELO (where you enter) way higher than what you see in Normals level 20-30?

Hey Anon,

I play LoL regularly, just not in ranked. I tried it our for a while, but found it too ‘serious’. I would say I’m an average player, in that I have good games, and I have bad games, but I found that in ranked play, you almost invariably get the one player on your team who wants to tell you how to build you champ, or gets on your case if you don’t build it exactly as he would have. God forbid you have a bad game, you never hear the end of it.

Having said that, I don’t find the skill level overly daunting, there are more ‘good’ players, and you do get the occasional game with some wizard in it, but if you have a decent grasp of the basics of the game I wouldn’t worry about not being good enough.

Probably one of the better things of ranked, is there seems to in general be a more collaborative approach to champ selection. I can’t recall seeing much at all of the “I want this role or I feed” attitude in ranked.
Out of curiosity, who are your favourite champs to play?

My favorite roles are ADC and top. For ADC, I have been liking Cork I quite a bit. He was one of the first characters I did “good” with back at level 5 or so. So out of all he ADC’s I have been playing, Corki,Tristana, and Lucian, I seem to like Corki the most. For top lane, I miostly play Renekton and sometimes Tryndamere.

As for my less favorite roles, I like Annie the most for mid, Fiddlesticks for jungle, and I guess Blitzcrank for support.

I’ve never even tried ranked. I play LoL a lot, but I hate it when people take it too seriously. So I stick to unranked games, mostly ARAM, in fact.

Greedy Smurf, who do you play? Maybe we could get some people together some time.