If it’s only on your hands, it’s probably contact dermatitis - which is medspeak for eczema caused by an allergy to something you touch. If you can find out what you’re allergic to and avoid it, you can “cure” it. I myself am allergic to lanolin - if I avoid it, I have ordinary dry skin, which is easy to deal with.
The flodkids have atopic eczema, which is a b*tch by comparison. Fortunately flodjunior has mostly outgrown it (it flares up when he has hay fever or comes in contact with specific allergens), and we have good hope totnak will, too, with time.
Home remedies be damned - talk to a doctor. Your GP might be able to help; if not, s/he will give you a referral to a dermo or an allergist. Cortisone salves as part of a managed routine are not dangerous and are just short of miraculous. Meantime, keep an eye on what products you use on your hands and see if there are any potential allergens lurking there. We stick to hand soaps and lotions with no dyes, no perfumes, and no lanolin. It helps!