Anyone with an Erdos number?

Mine’s 4.

Mine’s 5. It’s the median, as Lobot said, but I remember being so thrilled when I found out I actually had one lower than, say, one thousand - I am a computer scientist, not a mathematician.

Same here. I’m in physics, probably have Erdos number 4, and am not in the database.

Right. The database only covers mathematics. Like most biologists, my Erdos number comes through a statistician colleage.

If you’re not a mathematician, use the database to search for your likely coauthors.

I once investigated my Erdos number. I don’t recall exactly what it was, but it was higher than 4 – 5 or 6. I’ve had a couple of papers with prolific and influential authors, so there are several possible paths. I should check again. Maybe, like Bacon numbers, Erdos numbers go down with passing time.
If you’re strict about Bacon numbers, requiring that you be in a movie with someone else, then I have no Bacon number. But I’ve been on a TV show with someone who has a Bacon number, so I’ve got a Bacomn number if you allow TV shows.

And, especially if you allow TV shows, there are lots of Bacon/Erdos number holders. Stephen Hawking has made multiple appearances, and he has to have an Erdos number.

I’m in hydrology, and my connections go through fluid mechanicians.

I am a 3. Although I am a chemist, my connection is through a machine-learning colleague.

Just found out I have an Erdos number of 6! Yes, yes, I know a jillion people have an Erdos number of 6, but I expected it to be undefined, so this is the little thrill of the day.

Mine’s imaginary. :smiley:

Mine is 4 if you count all publication types, otherwise, I don’t have one. I have only co-authored one peer-reviewed paper, and I’d be surprised if any of the authors have Erdos numbers.

(My husband legitimately has an Erdos number of 3.)

In a few months, mine will be 8! Last fall, the local PBS station shot a segment on one of my research sites. I was interviewed by John Burke, who was in RIPD with Kevin Bacon. It’s expected to air in March.

I was stumped until I remembered my Einstein number was two.

So, my Erdos number is four.

I’m not in the database mentioned above, but a few of my coauthors are, so mine’s upper bounded by 5 (which is probably the actual value).

By the way, Natalie Portman has an Erdős-Bacon-Sabbath number of 10 (E5-B2-S3).

Mine’s irrational.

Surprisingly, I just found out I have an Erdos number of 5. Wow!

No bacon number that I am aware of, I don’t think any of the shorts I’ve been in have a cast/crew that made it into a mainstream production.

Wait, so if I asked around, I’d probably have an Erdos number less than 13?

That’d be cool…

But, wait…

Anyone that I ever talked to that’d be impressed by that… would probably have a number in the single digits.

So never mind.

ETA: After some cogitating, I have a Probable Erdos/Bacon Number in the 6-10 range. Not worth the time to nail it down (if I did, Erdos and Bacon would both be disappointed in how I spend my time).

Mine is three, which is lower than I expected. Evidently my thesis supervisor, with whom I co-authored some other works, is a 2.