Apathy and Indifference:::

Yes.

No, it’s called “having an opinion on the matter.”

That’s impossible.

Morally and intellectually, you have no balls. If it were my my “opinion” that the world would be a better place without you in it, would that be “valid”?

Of course. That is the joy of opinions. They are all valid. How boring would Great Debates be if there were simply a book we could buy with the “answer” to every moral question? One of the first few posts to every thread would always be, “The book of unending moral answers says this…” Great Debates is an interesting place precisely because everyone’s opinion is valid.

Sorry for the multiple postings. Something weird on my end.

I guess I just don’t get that. I know I’m not always right, but until I’m shown the light, I believe I am. I still don’t see how you can believe in ANYTHING though, if you don’t believe anyone is ever wrong.

Special bonus:
My old football coach(not one of the world’s great thinkers) used to say:

The reason I am able to do that is because I do not believe in the concept of “right” and “wrong” (not when it comes to opinions anyway). An opinion, by its very nature, is not a fact and only facts can be certain. I see people from other cultures partaking in rituals that seem extremely painful and cruel, yet all involved seem to want to do it. Even though it seems very unpleasant to me, I have to assume that if I had lived their lives, I would also want it. It comes from thinking that I am only 1 of the 6 billion people on this earth and am not any better or any worse than the others. Only different.

(But that doesn’t mean I do not fight adamantly to support my opinions on this forum).

I always liked that quote. Fortunately for me, I find analyzing people’s opinions far more enjoyable than analyzing their assholes. :smiley: