Apologies in order to SDMB member in light of new Ilhan Omar info?

[Moderating]
If anyone has an issue with the moderation on this board, the proper forum to debate it is ATMB, not the BBQ Pit. This thread is fine for discussing the reactions of posters to the thread in question. If it turns into a discussion about the appropriateness of the moderation, I will close this thread.
[/Moderating]

Not sure if this would be considered “talking about moderation” and posted at the same time as the note.

Would it make you feel better if I did?

Because they’re fucking trolls, the lot of them.

They are repeating unfounded accusations because it gets them attention. These are the same motherfuckers who kept repeating over and over the baseless accusations of Obama’s birth certificate, who implied Condit murdered Levy, and who will latch onto the next high profile scandal like a crocodile going for the kill.

It does offer, which is not debatable, that for what she says to be true, there is a person out there who she knows, who is completely missing from the planet, and no death certificate. Producing him would end this for most thinking persons. Is it possible in this age for investigative reporters to find no trace of such as a person if they exist?

I’m not sure what you’re referring to (you’re not big on actually quoting what you’re referring to, are you), but the fact that no evidence has been presented for this ends this “for most thinking persons”.

Nah, we good.

I tbink the OP should apologize for not realizing that brother is immediate family relationship just as husband is. And the OP should also apologize for weak trolling.

In retrospect a poorly titled OP which has people focusing on the ‘you owe an apology’ part. Not my intent, as it takes away from the base message, which remains same now as then. Perhaps should have titled “Is the Omar story proof we process identical information differently based on our personal opinion of the source?”

Remember how that settled the matter decisively, and how everyone who had been baselessly accusing him of being born in a foreign country apologized for questioning his legitimacy to hold office? Me neither. Nor does Omar, I suspect.

That’s a pity.

I’m holding any further fire in this thread until I can determine if Helmut Doork is a sock, a runaway Freeper, or a Russian mail order bride enthusiast.

Are Trump’s guys still in Hawaii looking for the proof?

Seriously? This is what you bring to the table? a nearly 20 year old incident that most people didn’t follow that closely when it was happening? :confused:

What’s your fucking point, dude? Do you have facts, or just outrage?

I really hate the school vacation season in the US. Way too many bigots post asinine trolling nonsense here during that time.

Looking through the zone that others of the forum fear to tread, principally the sites PJMedia and Alpha News, there’s one note that Omar’s dad goes by the name “Nur Said” on his Facebook page.

Assuming that this is in fact him, then that does seem to be true:

One of the people who liked his photo is Ahmed Hirsi, who is clearly Omar’s husband:

All official information about Omar’s dad says that his name is Nur Omar Mohamed but the indications are good that his name is also Nur Said Elmi Mohamed. It’s unclear to me why he would have both names, and I can’t independently corroborate that it’s true beyond the name he gives on Facebook, but it seems relatively plausible.

Purportedly, they contacted an Elmi who lives in London and he wrote back confirming that an Instagram account was his but denying that he was the Elmi who married Omar and denying that he knew Omar, though confirming that it was him in a photo with Omar from some time ago (a photo in Omar’s instagram feed), but that he didn’t know who she was. He further said that his birthday is May 18th, 1985.

PJ Media notes that he posted photos of himself in the hospital where you can see his birthday on his wrist:

I can’t confirm, as there’s no photo for that day on his feed at the moment. There is a photo from a few days earlier, where he posts some art that was done by a niece, which shows a face very similar to Omar’s:

https://www.instagram.com/ahmednelmi/

To be fair, that could just be a picture of a girl/woman with “Somali” facial features. More notable is that he does seem to be interested in “nieces”.

Did Trump even send investigators? It’s the HuffPost (2016), but:

There’s Still No Evidence That Trump Sent Investigators To Hawaii To Dig Up Dirt On Obama

I’m so disappointed that Trump would tell an “un-truth”. SAD!!!

On the other hand, if there never were any investigators, Trump is actually correct that I wouldn’t “believe what they’re finding”.

I meant this picture: https://www.instagram.com/p/cE9vFSLj8q/

If you are referring to me, but are not naming me because you are too superior or whatever the logic, if you want to lower yourself to respond directly to a post of mine, would be glad to see where you find bigotry?

Did you read the OP where I made it quite clear I don’t give a fig about Rep. Omar, my point was to expose personal hypocrisy?

I can’t corroborate most of the information that PJ Media and Alpha News have given, but even the names of the people who “liked” the photos in the screen caps check out. The spacing all looks good. The different way that people write comments all looks good. If they falsified all of this, then they’re pretty amazing at falsifying stuff.

Some parts of the evidence stream, like school records, seem a little suspect. There’s no photos of the records and I don’t know that that sort of thing is publicly available?

But it does feel like some images were scrubbed by the family and their friends and that some form of secret is being covered up so, while I wouldn’t call the existing evidence conclusive, the coverup does make me feel like it’s probably correct or near to correct.

Personal guess: He’s a brother who somehow got sent to England when the rest of the family went to the UK. Maybe dad had two wives? But yeah, she likely married him for the purpose of getting him into the US for college. In the end, he decided to go back to England rather than stay here and he didn’t want to have to find work, after graduating, just so he could stay in the country long enough to formalize the divorce.

You have failed utterly.