Apparently I laugh too loud

This is what I like about being 6’4", 300 pounds, and wearing a black leather jacket most of the time: teenagers, male or female, NEVER talk to me about anything.

I have to admit that one of my biggest pet peeves ever is when a hispanic person is called Spanish.

Doing my best to fight the ignorance, here we go:

John Smith is from Oxford. He speaks English. He is English.
Ted Jackson is from New York City. He speaks English. He is American.

Jose Valdez is from Barcelona. He speaks Spanish. He is Spanish.
Juan Gomez is from Mexico City. He speaks Spanish. He is Mexican.

You have no idea how many times I have heard "Juan Gomez, that Spanish guy*.

:rolleyes:

It should be Juan Gomez, the (Hispanic) (Latino) (Chicano)*.

While it is very possible that the couple was speaking and IDBB recognized the accent as being from Barcelona, I seriously doubt it.

It is very possible that the couple was indeed Spanish. The Metroplex is a large area.

I sincerely appolgize if that is the case.

But I have heard too many times “Spanish” instead of “Hispanic” to not think this is the case here.

• Yes, there are a lot of terms used. My opinion is that as long as an accepted term is used respectfully, all is cool. Spanish for Hispanic…not cool.

Hey, I talk too loud, so nyeh. :wink:

Esprix

It is possible to laugh too loud. I am very grateful that I just lost 2 such coworkers. One had an explosive bray that nearly puntured the eardrums and gave me a heart attack; the other had an insane cackeling giggle that sounded like Betty Rubble on crack. I am so very happy I don’t work with them any more.

Having said that, tho, those girls were hypocritical bitches, and I agree with the idea of laughing like Robert Deniro in the theater in Cape Fear right in their face!