Apparently, I'm under stress.

I’ve just returned from the doctor’s office, having been suffering occasional bloating due to excess acid in my stomach. The doc said I seem to be producing the excess acid because of stress.

Hm. Let me think. I commute about 43 miles each way to work. I hate the weather in Southern California. It’s too freaking nice all the time. Except when it’s too freaking hot. I hate the traffic and the crowds. I hate seeing concrete and asphalt everywhere I look. I hate living in California. I need to move my stuff out of my apartment so that the owner can put in new carpet, and a lot of my stuff is heavy and I have to move it all myself.

I can’t think of any reason that I would be under stress. :confused:

Don’t forget:

You’re trying to find quills, a bust of Poe, money to buy yourself a helicopter [and pay for the insurance], and a way to build either a tower or a castle.

Your plate is awfully full.

Jeez. It sounds like I’m reading your every word, doesn’t it? I think I just creeped myself out!

You might possibly have an infection.

Helicobacter pylori - An Overview

Are you stalking me? (Why not? :confused: )

astro: I was tested for H. pylori. Unfortunately, the test was negative. If I had a critter it would be a simple matter of taking some amoxycillin. If I was sick, then I could get a cure. With stress, I need to learn to relax. Funny, I thought I’ve done a pretty good job keeping my rage and bitterness forced down deep inside and bottled up. I wonder why it’s not working? :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah, well. Once I get my stuff into a storage unit I’ll be under less stress. Then I can take a holiday and drive it up to Birch Bay.

Incidentally, I talked to one of my friends in Washington last night. He’d just come back from a rather nice holiday in Canada. Kayaking. A bald eagle landed on a branch just eight feet above him as he drifted by. Must be nice!

Hey, Johnny! Go out and get laid. Get your ashes hauled. Put on the old wet-suit and go spelunking. Go yodeling in the gully. Find your favorite philly and play cowboys and indians (you put up the pee-pee tee-pee, and she comes along and knocks it down).

In short, my good man: Go get screwed!

Damn! I have forgotten to not become drunken again!

just another day in paradise, eh?

(I find the mojave quite relaxing)

Stress is not a good thing. I know. Profound!

If you lived in WA your stress would disappear…POOF!

Sorry, sweetie…please let me know if you want to get together while you are up here…I’d love to spend some time with you. Maybe we could even get some of the VA Dopers together and visit White Rock or something?

(((((Johnny L.A.)))))

Can you imagine crossing the border?

Border Guard: “Purpose of visit?”
Vancouver Area Dopers: “Dopefest.”

Or the other way round:
Border Guard: “Purpose of visit?”
WA Dopers: “Visiting B.C. buds!”

:smiley: