Appeal to Dopers: Pricing my services

I put an ad in the classifieds at http://www.yahoo.com, and I think I should have included a price or rate for my services. I offered to edit written material such as essays, letters, and ad copy; that is, correct errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar. This situation seems to be rife among people immigrating to the U. S. but having little or no ability to cope with the weird syntax and other idiosyncracies of English. I got one reply so far by e-mail, and the answer I gave this person–and my lack of takers after that–suggest I priced myself too high.
I’d like Dopers to suggest what is a fair price per job, or page, or item, so I don’t think I’m charging too much or too little. Thanks very much. :slight_smile:

What are you charging ATM?

dougie, that link just gets one to the main classified page; can’t see your ad! Sounds like a good service. Never mind immigrants; seems like the majority of Americans could use help with basic spelling, grammar, etc.

I see your point, Carina; I’ll have to note the Yahoo Classified heading and then prepare a link back to this thread. Thanks very much. :slight_smile:

Here’s the link to my Yahoo adfor the editing service.
If the link doesn’t work, just go to Services; Other Services; and my ad, dated February 27th and posted from Gardena, CA.

Well, I know that link didn’t work…maybe this link will. :o
I clicked on the link as I previewed the reply. It doesn’t work either!! Oh well…just go to Services, and Other Services; and find my ad under “I Edit!” as posted on February 27. The link didn’t work. Damn. :mad: