Apprentic 10/28/04

Stacie is back? Stacie J?

Oh boy.

Well, duh, you were an easy target because you were the biggest eff-up in the history of the show!

Kevin kicked butt in this ep. I’ve got my money on him.

Raj is an ass, though. And his schmucky friend there. Has that dude contributed anything but off-color jokes?

(Speaking of contributions…was Sandy in this episode??? Hellooooo…)

uh-huh. And I’m not even a regular viewer - I catch an episode here and there, and I knew it was cold.

Why oh why did Elizabeth just repeat 20 times over:
“He said heart, not military. Follow freaking directions morons!”

Oh well, she should have communicated with Kevin more and gotten that through.
He was ready to go to bat for her if she had stood up, but she didn’t.

Andy rocked the house. I was impressed.

HA! Just saw who’s back! Sweet!

I have to say, the producers sure know how to keep it interesting. The bigot and the insane are returning.

And the award for the most cluelessly hypocritical cab speech goes to…

I dunno, does it count as hypocrisy if she’s that totally clueless?

Has there been a firee this season who hasn’t been clueless?

And my 1,000th post is on the weighty topic of The Apprentice!

I’d like to thank the SDMB…and Donald… ::tears:: and I couldn’t have done it without you, twickster!

wipes away a tear

Just glad I could be a tiny part of this, hon!

Bradford. Knew exactly what he did and owned up to it, IIRC. Can we trade some of the losers for him next week?

Bradford. Knew exactly what he did and owned up to it, IIRC. Can we trade some of the dorks still remaining for him next week?

I missed this episode. I know Elizabeth was fired, but may I have a recap of what happened?

Gah. And proving that I’ve learned squat in the past 1,000 posts, I double-post! :smack:

Sorry.

…and by apologizing I post 3 in a row. I swear I’ll stop now.

Wow!

“It’s stifling my creativity, waah!!” That chick definitely needs to grow a pair. How many times did she say she “wasn’t going to lead a team with an idea she couldn’t get behind” or whatever? A) You never did lead the team, you wishy-washy moron. B) Within the first few minutes, you totally rolled over and died. From the command post, before the first time she ever changed her mind: “I’ll go with the team.” Then, in the cab: “I wanted the campaign to go in another direction.” Lady, you need to want in one hand and shit in the other. “Ineffective to the point of paralysis”, indeed.

I agree with DtC, after seeing Mosaic’s pitch, I want to be on the force, too! I’m really happy for Andy for this win. He did a great job leading his team and they definitely deserved it. I wonder if they’ll lay off him a bit now? Anyone else notice that he wasn’t breathing? It looked like he might cry when Deutsch said they won, and his team seemed to appreciate the fact that it was largely because of Andy.

So was that it? The surprise was just watching the ad in Time’s Sqaure? No fancy dinner? No city officials? No government leaders? Just standing on a sidewalk looking at a giant TV?

I love Carolyn. I wonder who she freaks out on next week?

The task was to come up with a recruitment campaign for the NYPD. Andy was PM for Mosaic, Elizabeth for Apex. Andy’s idea (and a good one) involved using the recurring slogan “When was the last time…” with a variety of different tags “When was the last time you were a hero/ saved a life/ fought terrorism/ protected the greatest city in the world, etc.”)

Raj came up with a miltary theme about “being on the front line” in the war on terror. It was really scary and fascistic and it sucked. Elizabeth didn’t like it but she was very ineffectual about vetoing it and just generally blew as a leader for the whole task. They were literally talking about a mutiny.

Apex lost and while everyone admitted their idea sucked, they all said it was the only idea they had and that Elizabeth sucked as a leader. Trump castigated Elizabeth for a while and then just decided to fire her on the spot without a second boardroom.

Not only wanted to veto it, recruited Kevin to stay up all night and work with her on a new campaign – which she repudiated in the morning. Kevin explained the facts of life to her but she was totally deaf to everything he said.

DtC left out some of the bloodshed. On Andy’s team, Maria and (Kelly?) kept wanting the ads to be sexy, and told Andy he’d fail if he didn’t ad sex appeal. He resisted stalwartly, in his little Andy way.

Elizbeth attempted to counter the terrorista idea with what I thought was a good idea of her own, incorporating the military clippings but with a gentler narrative, but I don’t remember what it is, because Raj said no, and she buckled swiftly. This turned Kevin against her, because he’d stayed up all night helping her and he felt betrayed. This was her Big Mistake. There was talk of mutiny, but I was a little unclear on how everything unfolded.

Andy won, by a ridiculous margin.

Elizabeth got nailed to the wall.

Carolyn looked angsty.

I didn’t really catch the prize…was it really just the ad in Times Square?

Oh my! I wish I didn’t miss it. I just forgot about it! Blah!

I don’t think I’d trust Elizabeth! Actually, I KNOW I wouldn’t. Her firing was inevitable.

Was Kelly the one who gave the presentation? Is that the power move you mean? I didn’t catch how he came to be the one who did that rather than Andy.