Are Bert & Ernie gay?

Is that where *your *sexual orientation is located?

Besides, they *do so *exist below the waist, they’ve got this . . . um . . . huge arm . . . inserted . . . up . . .

I was preschool age in the late 60’s and remember Bert and Earnie sleeping in twin beds.

How many years ago? My Sesame Street watching days were about 30 years ago and I remember them having twin beds.

Think about it. They’re puppets. The both have someone’s hand up their bottomsides.

Yup, twin beds, as I recall from early memories of Sesame Street, which, by the by, began in 1969. The fanpage (I know, can you believe there is one?) identify Bert and Ernie as bestfriends. Right in keeping with their presentation on the show.

They’re nonsexual beings who share the same bedroom because it’s a comedy tradition.

Their relationship is largely a reflection of the decades long friendship between Frank Oz(Miss Piggy, Bert) and Jim Henson(Kermit, Ernie). In fact, one of the windows of Henson’s house is a stained glass portrait of he and Oz with Bert and Ernie mounted on their arms.

Give me a break! Next you will be saying the Teletubbies are gay too!

They have slept in twin beds as long as I can remember- I believe each has his forst initial carved into the headboard, too.

They were sleeping in separate beds in the early '70s when I watched the show.

The factual quesion has been answered, so I’ll close this thread. Further discussion of the lifestyles of fictional characters is better suited to Cafe Society than GQ.

bibliophage
moderator GQ