Are girls during school years prone to be "bitchy"?

I’m not seeing much difference here. :dubious:

ditto. Teenage boys can be nasty. I’ve never encountered anything but support from girls and women.

Bullies are universally despised they may be feared but never respected. As a boy I lived in social housing and was a part of a group of lads that probably run on the lines of a pack rather than a gang with its criminal implications, Yes there was an Alpha male who kept order and if you challenged him you got thumped to bring you back in line. It is to easy to mistake play fighting with in a group as bullying this is how you learn to stand up for yourself and those around you, far from bullying the weaker boys we watched out for them, yes we wrestled with them and sat on them to make them struggle but it worked and as they grew stronger they started to give a good account of them selves.

So - you have an answer: nah, girls/women aren’t any more vicious vs. boys/men, just a different kind of vicious.

But if you are no longer at school, there is no reason you can’t interact with women and see what you experience directly.

I think this might be correct.

But I think most of the other posts describing the “differences” between male and female unpleasant behavior are just making Kimstu’s point.

Have none of seen men murmuring in a quiet corner about how catty some woman is?

After leaving the schoolyard, and the option of physical aggression behind, the only real difference in behavior between the sexes that I have seen is that a man’s is respected more.

For example, women might call each other “catty”, with its connotations of pettiness, but men might call each other “contemptuous”, with its connotations of reasoned (if unkind) judgment?

And the difference is …?

:smack:

Dude, that’s bullying.

That’s bullying.

Oh, it was for their own good. That’s makes it better, then. Like smacking a kid! Builds character!

It is subtle.

But think about it awhile. Don’t do a cursory read and think “they say the same thing!”. Instead wonder “How could these two similar sounding sentences mean slightly different things?”.

It was just after the second world war when times were hard and violent, we stuck together and got through it. We all took one thing into our adult life and that is to look out for those around us, most of us are now in our seventies and are grand parents. We had to raise our daughters in a high crime area majoring on guns and drugs, their safe upbringing into adult hood was achieved by tough love that made it easier for them to say no to drugs. I now have three fantastic daughters and five wonderful grandchildren. Must have done something right

Or you could say what you mean.

Did you thump them when they got out of line, and physically push them around to make them stronger? Because if you did, don’t sneak up on them when they are reminiscing about their childhood.

Did they get a slap on the leg when they got it wrong? Yes. Did they get a great deal of love and encouragement? Yes. Outside our front door was a big bad world with the crime figure’s to prove it. Were they allowed out to meet their friends? Yes although they always ended up at our house, sleep overs arranged or ad hoc. Were they allowed out clubbing when old enough (17/18)? Yes BUT dads taxi was outside waiting when they came out. My wife and I raised three daughters who have grown into strong woman who are trusted by their friends and are willing to step foreword to help a stranger.

Yes

There’s no need to be condescending. Just go ahead and explain it.

In my experience, the nastiest bullies are middle school girls. (Probably from ages 11-14). Girls that age can be some of the most hateful people around. It’s a lot of passive-aggressive, behind your back, catty, playing the whole, “one minute we’re friends but now we’re not!” bullshit. And I freely admit to being guilty of it myself a few times.

I don’t know if it’s puberty or what. Most of us seemed to have grown out of it by 9th-10th grade. Not always, but middle school is definitely the worst.

I think you have nailed it puberty is the most probable cause, when my three daughters were at that stage it was like living in the middle of a cat fight (loads of hissing and spitting) left them to sort themselves out unless my wife told me to get involved.

When I was in jr. high the boys were mean but the girls were meaner. And girls were mean to both girls and boys, where boys were mainly just mean to other boys.

If there was another girl who was stunningly beautiful, other girls were jealous of her and mean. And if there was a girl who was particularly unattractive, the girls would be vicious.

At least in my experience, the girls were meaner than the boys.