Are long skirts back? Tell me it isn't so

I love long skirts, so count me in with the fans. Now if I could just find tops to go with the skirts I already have.
Oh, and ‘natural’ waistline jeans are back, thank the fashion gods.

It’s not a bug; it’s a feature.

Yup, “maxi-dresses” (long dresses, usually casual for summer weather, worn with flip-flops or basic sandals) have been popular for a few years or more now. I’ve started seeing the long skirts a bit more recently.

They look better than shorts on most people, and are a lot easier than short dresses (no worrying about showing too much/skirt flying up when chasing a rogue toddler).

This is very good news! I never stopped wearing long and floaty and what I have left is getting a little threadbare. When I searched for a dress for my daughter’s wedding a couple of years ago, almost everything everywhere was a friggin’ mini. I’m 57, so, …no.

I own skirts of every length from mini to ankle. But yes, maxi dresses and longer, flowing skirts are ‘in’ as of a year or two ago.

That only works if they’re just below the knee at the very longest. Just above is generally more flattering and less matronly. IMHO, of course.

you mean you aren’t a fan of the muffin top, low rise, butt crack showing jeans? For shame :wink:

Oh, I used to have a gorgeous black moleskin-style ankle length one that might have changed your mind!

sigh
I binned it in a move a few years back, thinking I’d never fit in it again. Silly me :frowning:

I bought a few Pendleton full-length wool skirts two weeks ago. Amazingly warm for how thin they are. :cool:

Found a full-length suede leather flared skirt at a “gently used” clothing shop for $2.50. It appeared to be brand-new, still had a button pack attached, and the original price tag of $199. :smiley: