Are long skirts back? Tell me it isn't so

One did always see ling skirts on some women/girls around here. Usually the home-schoolers. Worn with no makeup, long straight hair, and Keds with white socks.

I bought a long black flowy skirt (like this) last year for a folk dance I was in. Hadn’t worn it since. Last weekend I decided to bust it out of my closet and paired it with a thin fitted cardigan, belt, and ballet flats – I felt like a princess as I walked and it flared and swirled around me. :slight_smile: I don’t care if it’s in fashion on a national scale, but I felt good in it and will be wearing it again.

OH, please let long skirts be back in fashion!

Between my vampire-pale skin, my hairy legs that always seem to have a five o’clock shadow no matter what I do, and my proclivity for various skin rashes I really do prefer to cover up.

I also like long-sleeve shirts. Anyone else notice that for quite awhile it seemed the only shirts being sold were either short or no sleeve? The first lady might have great looking arms, but I don’t! Same thing - vampire pale, rashes, and a certain amount of scarring that becomes more apparent the more my skin is exposed to sunlight.

Does this mean that peasant blouses will be coming back? Please, please, please, please, please… :smiley:

Oh, please don’t. Long pencil skirts look like school principal.

I see that a lot in this area too. My short hair and preference for loud shoes ensures that I won’t be lumped in with them though. :smiley:

I have several long skirts that are reversible…I love those things!

I like long skirts. My legs are kind of chunky compared to the rest of me, and I’m deathly pale so I usually cover up.

Most of those floral pants patterns would make a nice bedspread, but nothing I’d wear out in public!

you can hide a person under there.

Long skirts have been back for a while. Knee-length skirts haven’t gone away. And short, short skirts are still worn by those who can. Then, there are all the styles of slacks/trousers/jeans…

Don’t limit yourself!

(Yup, peasant shirts, too. Saw some on HSN; it that’s too hip for you, I’m very sorry…)

Do you honestly think anyone here is about to throw out all their other clothes and commence wearing long skirts exclusively? lol. Stop! You don’t have to be slaves to fashion, people!!! Or should I say “Wake up sheeple!!”

Fashion trends are nothing if not circular. Bellbottom pants (and hell, even whalebone corsets) have made comebacks over the years. I remember in the early '90s, capris and gaucho pants were considered an abomination of the '60s. They were like “Dick van Dyke” era clothing. Then they came back into high fashion in the oughties.

Anyway. I hate long skirts, so this is one trend I’ll be passing on.

Is that a suggestion? :smiley:

This is the rationale that led to my closet being filled with just about every item of clothing I’ve ever owned since the age of 14. Proceed with caution. It’s a slippery slope. :wink:

Also be wary of this one:

“But what if this is the missing piece to the Halloween costume I’m making 3 years from now?? I’ll be so mad I threw it away!”

Not on MY hips… (underline by said hips). Ibicencas (white, long, embroidered skirts) have been back in stores although not in fashionable stores for a while, in Spain. Why do I know? Because I love them!

Don Cherry

Yeah, you just want to see women’s legs. :stuck_out_tongue:

I kind of like the chiffon pleated long skirts that seem to be in fashion here, but I am confused as to how/if you’d actually wash those.

I love long skirts; most of the skirts that are long on other people hit me about mid-calf, so when they’re REALLY long I get about ankle-length, which I adore.

I also go around in cowboy boots most of the time, so take my fashion advice with a boot-shaped grain of salt. (I do look in style, I swear. Just unique. Or crazy; take your pick. :D)

I was just coming in here to say the best thing about long skirts - not needing to shave your legs :wink:

Ooooh, no, not at all. Think sexy schoolmarm, or secretary. Tie your hair up, and wear glasses, just so you can let it down and whip them off for a “Why Miss Jones, you’re beautiful!” reaction!

I live in California, and “maxi skirts” have been back in style for a couple years now, as well as maxi dresses. They’re always flowy, generally solid colors (whether bright colors or just black) and I think they’re gorgeous, and super comfy! They seem to go best with a “boho” look (simple, natural, flowy hair, etc.)