Are there any more name prefixes than O', Mc, or Van?

No idea borderlond, could be… or is that Juanez?

Yes, that’s about right, but I wouldn’t call it the same thing as a “middle name” as we know it in English. It almost serves as another last name. From what I recall from Russian class, the actual surname (such as Federov, Gorbachev, Krutov, etc.) is not really used much. The “middle name,” which I believe called a “patronymic,” serves the purpose of an American surname. I think you’ve got the variations down right – for example, Anna Kournikova’s last name would be Kournikov if she were male (which she is obviously far from being! :p).

Brawl:

I could very well be wrong, but I thought it was similar to what you see in some European countries, like Spain. The person is generally referred to by their first and middle name. Jose Maira Olazabel is Jose Maira, not Jose. Jean Jacques Rousseau is Jean Jacques, not Jean.

And yes, I preffer the Kournikova version to the Kourinkov one.:slight_smile:

You are welcome. The site I pulled the info from (SSB) is very good if you want any statistics on Norway.

(I also like the hot Norwegian babes, even if I don’t share your facination with babes saying “Riksmal”. :wink: )