Are there any 'Weird' military salutes still out there?

I’m suggesting that the standard salute is rigidly touching one’s right hand to one’s right temple. The British do this palm forward; the Americans do it palm down, still essentially the same.

Still, does any army or even revolutionaries snap to attention with their arms straight out rigid, Hitler style or say, hand over heart.

The Pledge of Allegiance used tolook a lot different.

As a further question for anyone outside the USA, do your civilians formally salute anything?

Middle Eastern militaries and groups still use the Roman salute.

Also some differences noted on the Wikipedia article at Salute.

Does the posturing ritual at the border of Pakistan and India count as ‘saluting’?

It certainly qualifies as ‘military’ and ‘weird’.

Outside of the PFJ Salute, I can’t think of any.

[quote=“Mangetout, post:4, topic:745513”]

Does the posturing ritual at the border of Pakistan and India count as ‘saluting’?
It certainly qualifies as ‘military’ and ‘weird’.

[/QUOTE]

No …the ultimate demonstration of “weird military” belongs to the Greek honor guard.
At least the Pakistani and Indian soldiers look like soldiers.
The Greek soldiers look like autistic ballet dancers, but with fuzzy slippers on their feet.

When I was young and naive, I thought the Arnold Rimmer salute was an actual british military salute. :smack:

Clearly the inspiration for Monty Python’s “Ministry of Silly Walks” sketch.

Quickly changed all because some loonies across the pond adopted it for themselves. Humans sometimes act in a very primitive manner.